Duster fender emblems install

-

Texas Red

Old Flunky
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Race fans can anyone tell me of another access space to the Duster fender emblems other than through the door hinge area. They had to installed them at the factory with the fender off the car.....prior to it being installed on the car as I have brand new emblem's I want to install to complete my new paint scheme. I was thinking about taking the bottom of the fender loose and pulling out slightly enough to gain access but am still not sure that would work. Please advise Thanks in advance ....Texas Red

The splash shield, removed from in the tire well area. Several small head fender washer bolts, and a few screws.

Many times they are hidden by undercoat and buildup of dirt and mud.

With that off you can even access the hood hinges.

Thank you very much sir.....I saw a bolt with a fender washer directly behind the tire... I can always recoat the inner fender well area
wit more rattle bomb undercoating spray making it look like it was never touched. Thanks a million Texas Red

Screenshot_20240511-214014.png

Do yours have nuts holding them on? Many Mopar emblems are installed with barrel clips. If so, no need to remove anything. They push on from the outside.
Also, Mopars had all the body panels on when the cars were painted at the factory. Chrysler assembled the fenders, doors, hood, trunk lid on the cars before painting. Access to the back side is by removing the splash shield shown in the post above.

If you have small hands, you can reach in there through the hood hinge hole.

Do yours have nuts holding them on? Many Mopar emblems are installed with barrel clips. If so, no need to remove anything. They push on from the outside.
Also, Mopars had all the body panels on when the cars were painted at the factory. Chrysler assembled the fenders, doors, hood, trunk lid on the cars before painting. Access to the back side is by removing the splash shield shown in the post above.
Thanks is not enough but will have to do for now...... Yes sir I have nuts that hold them on the back side... Wanting to have these on my Duster
for cruise in night coming up this Friday Night at Snapka's drive in in Corpus Christi Texas. Snapka's is a hamburger joint that opened in 1953 and still going strong with
the last Friday night of each month being car night in Corpus Christi..... This a special weekend as the Coastal A's car club will be putting on their Memorial 3 day car show event that draws some 250 plus entries each year but brings many car clubs together across the state and out of state folks as well. I will posting some pictures from Snapka's Saturday or Sunday
Sunday. Its a big deal to us South Texas folks as most car shows events happen all the time across the Lone Star state with many 90 to 100 miles North of us in the San Antonio Texas / Texas hill country area as well as East Texas.
Its ruff driving my duster some 100 miles one way without AC ...and after you have been at a car show all day burning up (having fun) its nice to turn on the AC and ride home with it on HI BLOW all the way home..... if you have never been here believe me we know what heat & humidity is. Thanks a million for the help.... Texas Red

-
Back