super six kick down throttle lever

-

hosehead

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm hoping one of you could point me in the right direction. I have acquired a complete super six set up with the exception of the throttle pressure lever on the trans. Is this unique to the super six kick down or just the year of the 904 trans? And I promise I've looked for the answer prior to asking here. Lol.
Thanks all.

if you're talking about the "candy cane" kick down rod, it's specific to the super six only.

on the right 3751-551 2.40 between large holes on the left 2899370 727 tranny 2.61 between holes and bent wrong

3 pink wire.jpg

Last edited:
on left shiny one bent to left 727 on right 904 bent to right this is done for clearance reasons

down and up.jpg

727 goes up 904 goes down. they start in the same plane but change direction just past the small hole

-2.jpg

Bulletin from back in the day. These things would get mixed up at factory too. Also the part about the lenght between holes center to center, important adjusting will not change lever ratio. That .130 too long is the thickness of a penny on top of a nickel.About 0128

Cut at bend measure center to center of large holes grind till measures 2.400,flip the other way bend goes down ,weld back together that will give the angle and lenght. Same as part number 3751-551 for super six

261.jpg

Back in the day the lever would get lost or mixed up or just needed custom lever,mostly just a little bit shorter

The super six bell crank was directional change only one to one ratio. What are you working on, does it have bell crank one to one ratio what about length of lever. wonder if super six linkage will work on all older trannys?

-
Back