65 Dart Wagon Conversion to a Sedan Delivery

-
I found a couple well used (dented) dust covers. I’d like to find some new ones but at $13 or more for new ones each, might have to let the Magnum 500s hide the covers

I’m getting ready to install the rotors and front brakes - NOS Calipers and hold down hardware I bought from @slantsixdan, new F Body brake hoses (the calipers will be mounted to the rear so the longer F Body hoses are required), and new Wagner semi metallic brake shoes through Amazon

IMG_6915.jpeg

I found some used hardware to secure the rotors to the spindle (one set shown)

IMG_6917.jpeg

But decided to order new since I only had one special washer

IMG_6916.jpeg

I’m in a quandary about the well used and dented dust covers. Do I use the used and hide them with the wheel or bite the bullet for new ones?

IMG_6918.jpeg

Now it’s time to clean and paint the conterlink

View attachment 1716244613

Add the NOS idler arm to the K Frame

View attachment 1716244614

and add the NOS pitman arm to the steering box

View attachment 1716244615

The tie the two together with the centerlink

View attachment 1716244617

Next will be add the solid tie rod sleeves and NOS 11/16ths toe rods. Leave them in their natural finish or paint black?

View attachment 1716244616
I would go black. Such a great restoration demands black front end components.

Installed each rotor and then caliper with new pads and bleeder at the top. I’m surprised that the caliper holddown packet had 12 mm bolts where the bolt holes on the caliper adapters was 5/16th NC. I will get to Lowes in a day or two for some Stainless Steel bolts and washers of the correct length

IMG_6921.jpeg

IMG_6922.jpeg

I need to raise this side (passenger side) so it won’t slide on the floor.

Installed each rotor and then caliper with new pads and bleeder at the top. I’m surprised that the caliper holddown packet had 12 mm bolts where the bolt holes on the caliper adapters was 5/16th NC. I will get to Lowes in a day or two for some Stainless Steel bolts and washers of the correct length

View attachment 1716249459

View attachment 1716249460

I need to raise this side (passenger side) so it won’t slide on the floor.
Nice work Don :thumbsup:

-
Back