Found my dads original 1971 duster!

-
When you change the oil you need to use oil with zinc. I think the the brand is classic car or hot rod oil. I will look in the garage and let you know for sure.

When you change the oil you need to use oil with zinc. I think the the brand is classic car or hot rod oil. I will look in the garage and let you know for sure.
Wow. Really? I’ll post a pic of the kind that the engine builder sold me. See if it’s proper. I’m sure it will say zinc on it, if it’s the right one then. Thanks!

Shop needs to run the bolt out of the center of the 90 degree oil filter housing, pull housing off engine, then reinstall facing rear ward. I would order a new seal gasket kit cause builder may have skimmed RTV on gasket.

Shop needs to run the bolt out of the center of the 90 degree oil filter housing, pull housing off engine, then reinstall facing rear ward. I would order a new seal gasket kit cause builder may have skimmed RTV on gasket.
Ok. Thanks a lot. I will tell him that! He said that I can do it when I do the first oil change, but another person on here was saying that he doesn’t think the exhaust will even be able to be hooked up in the location it’s currently in

Ok. Thanks a lot. I will tell him that! He said that I can do it when I do the first oil change, but another person on here was saying that he doesn’t think the exhaust will even be able to be hooked up in the location it’s currently in
I believe the '71 340 pass side exhaust manifold had a center outlet which means good chance exhaust won't clear. And once exhaust pipe is on it will be much more difficult to re-orient that 90 degree adapter. My two cents its simply not acceptable having it installed completely wrong and should be corrected while exhaust pipe is off. And tell shop you are not a mechanic and need them to correct the issue. They should have flagged that issue PRIOR to dropping in the engine being you said they are a mopar shop have a bunch of Dusters laying around etc....

I believe the '71 340 pass side exhaust manifold had a center outlet which means good chance exhaust won't clear. And once exhaust pipe is on it will be much more difficult to re-orient that 90 degree adapter. My two cents its simply not acceptable having it installed completely wrong and should be corrected while exhaust pipe is off. And tell shop you are not a mechanic and need them to correct the issue. They should have flagged that issue PRIOR to dropping in the engine being you said they are a mopar shop have a bunch of Dusters laying around etc....
Thank you for the message. Ya, I agree 100% with you. Crazy to me that an engine builder would install it on the wrong way, to fit a temporary shipping crate, so that it would later have to be switched around….possibly requiring a new gasket….and I’m assuming dumping a bunch of oil out of it, in the process
A “mopar” car builder definitely should have caught it for sure

-
Back