Holley Gen 3 Hemi Swap Sale

-
Got it!

Heck for $50 it might be worth it. The mounting plates are right and if I ever did a GIII it would be easy to move the spools on the plate. Probably easier than me making a pattern and fabricating the entire mount myself. Hmmm.
When i seen the price i thought was a typo haha

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

I just ordered the A-Body 2.5" Complete header back X-pipe system.

All 304 stainless steel w/mufflers, clamps, hangers and isolators.

Subtotal $378.61
Shipping $82.89
Sales Tax $48.46 (our State + local sales tax is 10.5%)
Total $509.96

Just seen this post and snagged a set of the exhaust for my car so thanks! I'm a little late to the party, but if this helps anybody double check the Holley part numbers on eBay. They also have their Holley eBay store and I was able to get free shipping on my exhaust system through eBay. Prices from the sale are also reflected on the eBay parts.

Saw your post and I was able to cancel my Direct from Holley order and ordered from the Holley EBay store for the same price with free shipping.
New Total $418.36 with Tax

The Hemi transmission cross member will work with the magnum engine. I just had to Drill two new holes for the left side frame mount. That's what I did on my 91 dakota sport frame. I am slowly getting everything to swap in a gen3 hemi into mine
I think I have your pictures saved on Facebook when you installed yours. I ordered a crossmember 1st. Then it all went on sale so I ordered another along with the hemi engine mounts just incase I ever decide to go that route.

I think I have your pictures saved on Facebook when you installed yours. I ordered a crossmember 1st. Then it all went on sale so I ordered another along with the hemi engine mounts just incase I ever decide to go that route.
Very cool. I will say I think if Holley made the 904 transmission adapter plate about 2 inches longer, I could of just drilled two new holes in it instead. I orderd the holley engine mounts and oil pan for my dakota during there black Friday sale. But I might of messed up on the oil pan. I have a 4.080 stroke crank shaft and read that holley says there pan will clear up to a 4.050 stroke crank.

Very cool. I will say I think if Holley made the 904 transmission adapter plate about 2 inches longer, I could of just drilled two new holes in it instead. I orderd the holley engine mounts and oil pan for my dakota during there black Friday sale. But I might of messed up on the oil pan. I have a 4.080 stroke crank shaft and read that holley says there pan will clear up to a 4.050 stroke crank.
Shouldn't you be able to clearance the pan a bit to make that work?

Probably not just mine, but does your "X Pipe" look more like a cross between the pictured X Pipe and an "H" Pipe.
That is with a short length of 2.5" pipe in between, connecting instead of like shown?
Picture these cut apart at the weld and then connected back together by a ~3" length of 2.5" pipe...

Then there's the holes they cut in the longer tubes for the crossover, they are only about the size of my thumb... should be closer to 2.5" diameter to match the pipe diameter... SMH.

Going to cut them apart at the center of the short H pipe and open up those crossover holes to the diameter of the H pipe and then install them. Will decide disposition of the short H pipe when it's time for final assembly. I think it will be just fine, maybe couple it back together with a sleeve/clamp, maybe weld it.
We'll see...
1706511723484.png

I am running into the same problem. No headers. I guess the next best thing is to turbo it, then don't have to worry about headers. Lol
I found a set on ebay for 700 bucks USA, sent to bro in laws house now to get them to Australia. There was a few sets for sale

Found this one as well, with more than 10 available.

Hooker Headers BH23104 Blackheart Shorty Headers | eBay

Saw a post on FB where a guy said he order some back in January and finally got them. He said he had to sign an off road only waver, and then said they were back ordered but that they would update him monthly, which they did. The really weird thing (to me) is he said they were shipped direct from Holley.

Maybe they are going to re-introduce them? But for off road use only?

Found this one as well, with more than 10 available.

Hooker Headers BH23104 Blackheart Shorty Headers | eBay

Saw a post on FB where a guy said he order some back in January and finally got them. He said he had to sign an off road only waver, and then said they were back ordered but that they would update him monthly, which they did. The really weird thing (to me) is he said they were shipped direct from Holley.

Maybe they are going to re-introduce them? But for off road use only?
Yea mine already arrived, less than a week....... to Jersey. Maybe a bit longer to Melbourne Australia lol. However engine mounts, box mounts and pipes all for 900 bucks cant complain.

That is crazy. These were like $600 a couple years ago. For $720 id save up the extra $80 And get TTI long tubes. I have the 61HC set and they fit my 68 dart pretty well. I didnt have to dent the tubes or anything.
Yes but i got the engine mounts, gear box mounts for under 200 bucks. The holley kit also means i dont need to notch the fire wall for the 6.4.
As notching fire wall means i need additional engineering in Australia. Also the holley stuff easily passes engineering here due to the brand etc.

Yes but i got the engine mounts, gear box mounts for under 200 bucks. The holley kit also means i dont need to notch the fire wall for the 6.4.
As notching fire wall means i need additional engineering in Australia. Also the holley stuff easily passes engineering here due to the brand etc.
Nice. I ended up going with the 6.1L hemi intake manifold on my 6.4L. Using standard position mounts the 6.1 intake clears the firewall. I plan on adding a procharger in the future and wanted the strength of the aluminum intake over the plastic intake. Only thing i had to do was shorten the lower wiper motor stud for the intake to clear. Other than that it fits very nice.

That is crazy. These were like $600 a couple years ago. For $720 id save up the extra $80 And get TTI long tubes. I have the 61HC set and they fit my 68 dart pretty well. I didnt have to dent the tubes or anything.

My Hooker headers were $450 2 years ago, just before they bumped them to about $600.

Nice thing about the Hooker headers is they are 304 stainless while the $720 TTI's are raw mild steel (and $803 now). So if anything the price should be compared to the $984 ceramic 61HC, not the uncoated ones.

Many ways to skin a cat. Pick your poison and pay your money. TTI's don't allow for a low mount AC compressor, but they are the only option for long tubes instead of shorties. The Holley setup avoids a remote oil filter setup, but moves the motor forward and screws with the trans mount and linkages. Far as I know there is no perfect setup, every solution has some kind of a drawback.

My Hooker headers were $450 2 years ago, just before they bumped them to about $600.

Nice thing about the Hooker headers is they are 304 stainless while the $720 TTI's are raw mild steel (and $803 now). So if anything the price should be compared to the $984 ceramic 61HC, not the uncoated ones.

Many ways to skin a cat. Pick your poison and pay your money. TTI's don't allow for a low mount AC compressor, but they are the only option for long tubes instead of shorties. The Holley setup avoids a remote oil filter setup, but moves the motor forward and screws with the trans mount and linkages. Far as I know there is no perfect setup, every solution has some kind of a drawback.
Yeah I just really wanted long tubes. I got a deal on my TTI headers second hand. I got the 61HC ceramic coated for $500 brand new and couldnt pass the deal up. The remote oil setup wasnt hard to install. Ive seen others adapt the 90 degree housing on their a bodies as well. Not too worried about A/C myself as I daily drive a 79 D150 and just roll with the windows down and im just used to it.

Last edited:
Yeah I just really wanted long tubes. I got a deal on my TTI headers second hand. I got the 61HC ceramic coated for $500 and couldnt pass the deal up. The remote oil setup wasnt hard to install. Ive seen others adapt the 90 degree housing on their a bodies as well. Not too worried about A/C myself as I daily drive a 79 D150 and just roll with the windows down and im just used to it.

Depending on my goal, I could come down on either side of the fence. For an all out build, I wouldn't be ok with moving the motor forward and I would want long tubes as well. And I probably wouldn't care about AC either. Maybe if I was looking to compete in the OPTIMA stuff. But this build is more about accepting the compromises of moving the motor forward and no long tubes with the benefits of a stock FEAD and the ability to keep the SRV features.

My target is something that runs and drives like my old 2015 R/T 6M, but better and 600# lighter. And I want AC so I can road trip it and keep my wife and myself comfortable while doing so. Honestly, I doubt I will notice the difference from moving the motor forward, but it is worth it to me even if I do. And if the stock shorty headers are ok on a Hellephant, I suspect I won't notice the difference there either.

Nice. I ended up going with the 6.1L hemi intake manifold on my 6.4L. Using standard position mounts the 6.1 intake clears the firewall. I plan on adding a procharger in the future and wanted the strength of the aluminum intake over the plastic intake. Only thing i had to do was shorten the lower wiper motor stud for the intake to clear. Other than that it fits very nice.
Whats the difference in the manifolds performance wise? Are any of the after market manifolds worth it?

Whats the difference in the manifolds performance wise? Are any of the after market manifolds worth it?
From what ive read the 6.4L intake does produce a little more top end horsepower because of the Short Runner Valve but not substantial enough for me to make a difference as my long tubes probably pick up what was dropped from the intake if any. I mainly chose the 6.1 because it bolts up without modification and I wanted the strength of the aluminum over the plastic as i plan to add a procharger later on. Not sure on the aftermarket intakes. I know edelbrock makes the VictorII which resembles the 6.1 factory intake, probably flows a little better but im not sure. And the only other aftermarket intake ive seen that i liked was the Plazmaman Intake but those are very pricey. They look real nice but im not aware of how they fit in swaps.

My guess would be that the 6.1 and 6.4 in SRM (short runner mode) is very close to the same. The 6.4 in LRM (long runner mode) probably makes a fair amount more torque than the 6.1 down low. The car 5.7 intake without the SRV probably makes close to the same low end torque as the 6.4 in LRM, but gives up top end power to both the 6.1 and 6.4 in SRM.

I kind of think of it like this:

5.7 car intake = Performer dual plane (good low end, not as good top end)
6.1 intake = single plane (good top end, not as good low end)
6.4 intake w/ SRV = Performer RPM AG (best of both worlds)

Engine Masters did a test on a truck 5.7 which has SRV and it made a pretty good difference making use of SRV compared to locking it in one mode or the other. Which is why I really wanted to be able to use the full SRV capable 6.4 intake.

But in a lighter A-Body, not really sure more bottom end is what it needs so I would guess a 6.1 intake is more than good enough. I wouldn't hesitate to run one.

If I was looking at an aftermarket one, I would look at a high ram from Holley. Or a mid ram if the high ram was too tall. But no idea how they compare to the stock intakes.

My guess would be that the 6.1 and 6.4 in SRM (short runner mode) is very close to the same. The 6.4 in LRM (long runner mode) probably makes a fair amount more torque than the 6.1 down low. The car 5.7 intake without the SRV probably makes close to the same low end torque as the 6.4 in LRM, but gives up top end power to both the 6.1 and 6.4 in SRM.

I kind of think of it like this:

5.7 car intake = Performer dual plane (good low end, not as good top end)
6.1 intake = single plane (good top end, not as good low end)
6.4 intake w/ SRV = Performer RPM AG (best of both worlds)

Engine Masters did a test on a truck 5.7 which has SRV and it made a pretty good difference making use of SRV compared to locking it in one mode or the other. Which is why I really wanted to be able to use the full SRV capable 6.4 intake.

But in a lighter A-Body, not really sure more bottom end is what it needs so I would guess a 6.1 intake is more than good enough. I wouldn't hesitate to run one.

If I was looking at an aftermarket one, I would look at a high ram from Holley. Or a mid ram if the high ram was too tall. But no idea how they compare to the stock intakes.
Here is a u tube video of comperaing different cams and intakes on a 5.7 hemi. I don't remember how much. But I think the 6.4 intake lost HP/ Torque compared to the 5.7 intake. Which I couldn't beleave. I figured the 6.4 would of made more torque.

Here is a u tube video of comperaing different cams and intakes on a 5.7 hemi. I don't remember how much. But I think the 6.4 intake lost HP/ Torque compared to the 5.7 intake. Which I couldn't beleave. I figured the 6.4 would of made more torque.

Interesting. He mentioned messing with the SRV on the 6.4 intake, but I don't find any documentation that says the Holley Dominator can control it. Terminator and Terminator X has a sub harness for SRV and VVT, but nothing for the Dominator that I find. Reading the comments, they say they controlled the SRV manually and switched over at 4000 RPM (should have been 4800 RPM). Seems like they missed something to me.

I suspect the combo had a huge factor in that, but not sure I believe that Mopar setup the 6.4 intake to be worse than the 5.7 intake. The truck intake has SRV and makes 20 HP more than the car.

-
Back