Manual push rod?

-

64bluefish

Reaction score
I'm going manual brakes in my '64 Barracuda. I have disk/drum setup from a 72 Dart and stock booster right now.
Do I go with a stock '72 Dart manual mc?
Will all a-body manual pushrods work?
Does anybody have one to spare? Or an aftermarket that will work?
Thanks
Mark

I converted my duster from power to manual brakes. Here's what I found. The manual rod I found ( was told it was from an A body) was too long. I ended up cutting and welding it twice. The pedal is still a little too high, but that's where its gonna stay. Mopar performance sells an adjustable one. I think its a little bit pricey $40-$50? but if you have to buy a stock one from someone that may not be too bad considering the adjustability. I also used a modern lightweight master cylinder. Made my own mounting bracket (very easy). All in all I like the manual brakes. Now you can put in that big camshaft!

don

When I converted my 66 to manual 73 style disc brakes I did not like how high the pedal was so bought the mopar adjustable pushrod and it was too short even adjusted all the way out. I wound up using the old one over and living with the high brake pedal

I'm using the pushrod from a 70/71 in my 73 when I went from pdb to just manual disc's.

I have push rod from 69-70-71 A bodys and they are all the same length.

You can get an adjustable one from Master Power brakes for $20 bucks alot cheaper then the MP and just as good if not better.

-
Back