My new CSU blow through 750

-

TT5.9mag

Two atmospheres are better than one
Reaction score
This post is not necessarily to brag about my new carb, (although I am really excited about it) but more to commend a great builder supporting our hobby. I ordered this carburetor from CSU a while back for the turbocharged big block Chevy I built for my boat. I filled out his build form and emailed to him and payed (a lot) for it. Kevin (owner/builder) was very up front with me about lead time and where I was on his list and how long it would take. His communication was great throughout the wait and he responded every time I bugged him like the child I am, “are we there yet” kind of thing. Well today was the day. He let me know it was finished and I could come pick it up, as he is only 20 miles or so from me. I spent a considerable amount of time talking his ear off asking all kinds of questions about tuning and carb set up (this is my first rodeo on a blow through deal) and he was more than happy to spend the time explaining some things to me. I could not be happier with his product or his customer service. Big props to Kevin at CSU, Carburetor Solutions Unlimited.
Carburetor Solutions Unlimited
If you are considering a blow through set up at least give him a call. It will be worth it. Thanks Kevin. And some pics.
B518EE56-F1D5-4125-91D6-3EF9F7714258.jpeg
8F5D4076-9C0C-4126-9E2E-3F6A90141AD2.jpeg
3680587B-EF20-48BA-B438-08AEBD771D02.jpeg
1E85D7A5-12C1-4410-92E4-E07001F06102.jpeg
76D30DF7-7568-4E46-8B52-2AC8CDEB1E94.jpeg
CF2C02F5-8A62-494E-822E-0CAFDE8CA14F.jpeg

Pretty dang sexy! I’m a bit surprised about the annular boosters but carbs and power adders are way outside of my wheelhouse.

If i remember right, the blow-thru they use at westech for all the dyno shows, with Holdener and EM, is a csu with annular boosters.
They have 2. A demon blow through and a CSU. I went to Westech months ago and spoke with Brule and he is the one who recommended CSU. Richard Holdener was not there that day but he boasts about how good the CSU is. I was convinced.

Pretty dang sexy! I’m a bit surprised about the annular boosters but carbs and power adders are way outside of my wheelhouse.
My wheelhouse has about the same info in it yours does with regards to carbs and boost. I’ve done LOTS of efi and boost but never a carb. I will no longer be a blow through virgin.

Just came inside after installing the carb. Had a few interference problems with a fuel inlet fitting hitting the larger arm of the 50cc accelerator pump on the secondary side, and the throttle cable bracket on the primary side. I didn’t run these large acc pumps on the old carb. Had to clearance the bracket and I’ll have to get different, shorter inlet fittings. I was able to fire it and Kevin’s baseline tune was spot on. I let the electric pump fill the bowls, hit the key and it fired instantly and idled like a minivan.
A85B3E0D-C738-4806-A560-80C39F981AF7.jpeg
990A6121-895C-4A2F-91A3-A4BEB61AEF49.jpeg

Can you run a blow thru N/A ? I mean will it run any different than a standard carb ?

Can you run a blow thru N/A ? I mean will it run any different than a standard carb ?
Yup. On a turbo car, the engine is not on boost unless the load goes up. So driving around light throttle situations the carb acts just like any other carb. The secret is in the boost referenced power valves and how they add fuel proportionate to boost. I’m running this engine NA for this summer season and adding boost next winter and i specifically asked about running it NA. Kevin said I may need to add a few jet sizes in the secondary because I won’t have any power valve enrichment with no boost.

-
Back