Salvage yard or Butchers!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

cochez

Reaction score
I went to a yard a co-worker frequents (he always gets good deals), he's a repeat customer... He gave me the heads up on a '73 Swinger the junker got in...

I go check it out and it's an excellent parts car to repair my rusting '71 Swinger and my '72 Duster that I wrecked...

Deck lid hood and front was in excellent shape and the rear bumper and lower valance was nice also (1/4's shot, fenders dented, doors cherry)...

He wanted too much for the separate parts so the deal was made for the whole car and it was towed to my house...

When it rolled off the flat bed it rolled to the left (wheels turned) I asked the driver were's the keys..."Idunno break the column"..Strike one...

I looked at the deck lid the lock is popped (mangled) trunk lock hole destroyed.. Strike two...

The lower valance was pulled outward like it was yanked with a hook...Strike three...

I definately needed that for my Swinger (mine is dented up, but now in better shape than the salvage piece..

I think I'd rather pay someone asking ridiculos prices than to deal with a junker ever again... I thought this is what SALVAGE YARD MEANS... USABLE PARTS...

And this guy is going to start selling parts on E-Bay...

Believe me if I see anything he's offering I'll alert all to stay away or get pictures of it once it's removed from the vehicle, not while it's attached
it will be BUTCHERED to get it off...

ooops!!! remove foot from mouth LOL... I shouldn't have blasted him yet until he picks up the remains of the carcass... No pun intended...LOL..

i want a dart :(
if i could find one in a junkyard with a straight body, id grab it with the quickness.. hell, even it were missing/had damaged quarters/fenders or something, id still grab it.

I know it is not the purest rout but if I cant find another straight car for a good price. I think I may go the after market frame and glass body. They are going in the 8k range for a workable 67-69 Cuda that runs around here. Thats with a 318. I have never figured the cost all he way out on what might be cheaper but I know what would be faster.

Which yard is it?

You didn't happen to spy any 8-3/4s, did you? I need one..

rabius75 said:
i want a dart :(
if i could find one in a junkyard with a straight body, id grab it with the quickness.. hell, even it were missing/had damaged quarters/fenders or something, id still grab it.
I just saw one this morning with a "for sale" sign in the window. I was gonna stop by and have a look tomorrow morning to see what it is, what it's got, etc.

It's on Long Island, though. Quite a hike for you. ;-)

MidTexCuda said:
Mikel do use just want a housing. I have a housing for an A body I don't need. I also have the third member but it is stock.
How much? For both?

mikelbeck said:
I just saw one this morning with a "for sale" sign in the window. I was gonna stop by and have a look tomorrow morning to see what it is, what it's got, etc.

i dont care, if i can afford it, i can get it :)
i know a guy that runs trucks up north, if i can afford the car, i can wait until he makes another LI run and get him to bring it back for me.
or, this summer, ill take a road trip and get it myself.

rabius75 said:
i know a guy that runs trucks up north, if i can afford the car, i can wait until he makes another LI run and get him to bring it back for me.
I'll check it out tomorrow (if it's still sitting there) and let ya know.

Well the dart is chopped up and ready to go... I removed almost everything but put more than half of it back in the car $$$$$ down the drain (no room to store all of the stuff I took off...
Still waiting for the junker to come back and get it (I think I'm gonna have a problem, no papers)...

rabius75 said:
mikelbeck said:

Took a look at the car this morning, it's in really nice shape. It's in front of a auto shop, I stopped in to ask about it. It's a customer's car, they were replacing the shocks, the A/C compressor and adjusting the carb to correct a lean condition. The guy said that they couldn't get an OEM A/C compressor so they were having one "made". I asked him if he knew anything about the car (rear, tranny, etc), he said he didn't really know anything about "old" cars.

'71 Dart Swinger, green, 2 door. The sign in the window says "original 318 and Air". No rust that I could see. Automatic, console shifter. Interior looked to be in really nice shape. It has some sort of center-line style wheels on it. Dual exhaust.

I tried to look under the car to see what kind of rear was in it, but the car was parked over a puddle and I wasn't about to kneel down and get all wet.

I'll PM you the phone number that was on the window.

-
Back