Sunvisor brackets for '65 Barracuda

-

Bob Jasinski

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My sunvisor brackets are pitted and need to be replated. I've been quoted $405 to replate, which includes disassembly/reassembly of rods from mounting brackets. Has anyone bought and installed reproduction sunvisor brackets? Do they fit and function properly, are you happy with them?

DSC_6774.JPG
?

I bought the reproductive brackets from Layson’s and am more than pleased with them

Bob - i should add I haven’t installred my repro sunvisors to the arms yet nor the arms to the windshield header. With a quick comparison of the repro and OEM the mounting to the header looks the same

I ordered a set of reproduction visor brackets, and got them last week. They look very nice and they fit the visor with the proper friction to keep the visor in place and not floppy. Since I don't have the body here I can't screw them in place to check fit in the car. The only thing I noticed is that the originals have a different part number cast in for each side along with an LH for left side and RH for right side. The repros are identical to each other, no difference, and both have the letters L/R cast in, no part number. I hope they fit right, we'll see.

Last edited:
-
Back