1972 Dart sway bar.

-

hula

Reaction score
This may sound odd, but at first I thought someone removed the sway bar, but I don't see any mounting tabs. I'm a first time Mopar owner so be gentle. LoL I'm rebuilding the front end and would like to have one.
IMG_4998.JPG

Kits are available for weld on tabs, or you can buy LCR with them. 65'

There are aftermarket kits that will bolt right up too...without any welding or changing your LCA. You may have to drill a couple holes for the bar bushing mounts on the K frame IIRC.

Here is what yours should look like when it's all done. This is from a 1972 Dart.

20170704_220802.jpg

This may sound odd, but at first I thought someone removed the sway bar, but I don't see any mounting tabs. I'm a first time Mopar owner so be gentle. LoL I'm rebuilding the front end and would like to have one.
View attachment 1715164659

Not all cars came with them, so yours may not have ever had. I believe the mounting holes are present in the K member. Be careful.......I you have a 72/ earlier K, the bar goes underneath. 73/ later, the bar goes inside the K. LCA tabs, K member, and the bar and hardware changed between 72 and 73

No bar behind the LCAs. I don't know if its necessary since I won't be pushing it into turns hard so maybe money better spent on a set of pst adjustable strut rods. Closer inspection revealed the LCA bump stops sitting on the frame so I'll be raising it up and taking the lowering blocks out of the back also.

-
Back