67 dart 360 mild la block anyone have any thoughts on cranes 467-494 cam?

-

kevins67

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has experienced cranes 494 cam? I'm considering it just wondering!

I can't speak with any firsthand experience, but from the looks of it, with the profile and LSA, it would have a mild but distinct lope at idle, and with the low lift looks like it wouldn't beat up valvetrain parts as long as you have the right springs...comp 901s would probably work well with it. You could run it in a stock 360, but the bottom end may* be a little soft for your liking if you're under about 2200. There are likely some good recommendations for timing within these threads-use the search function, or just start perusing through them.

These are only my opinions, so take them with however much salt you'd like. I think a high rise dual plane intake (RPM, LD340, Weiand Stealth) would do well, some 1 5/8" headers, a 670cfm avenger carb (or similar size), about 16-18* initial timing, 34* total by about 3400...you'd probably do well to have 3.55 or 3.73 gears, and about 2200-2600 stall to really feel snappy.

All in all, you'll do well with a 360...they're a very forgiving engine as long as it's serviceable and well maintained...even if it's stock. But, while I think there are better cams out there, it would probably run well.

Alright cool. I know it peaks out at 5200 from what they list I did order a isky 280 485 lift but they sent my a Chevy cam! So I'm done with that I have a hughes 2328al cam but I think with a 528 lift is to much with my rockers. Plus I'm considering maybe going turbo on my engine and I know cranes energizer cams or more open to running a blower or turbocharger. I do have a 2500 stall and I will go with a stealth intake with a 670 avenger should be alright.

If that"s the 222/234 @.050 grind,it's a good one.Seen it do well, in B.B.M's. Follow TX Stang"s tuning tips,a nice runner.

Here's my setup 360 .30 over stock bottom end kb flat tops 360 J heads stock valves and ports 9:5:1 or higher torker 340 intake 600 carb backed on a 727 with a 2500 stall. And 350 to 370 ratio in the rearend.

Crane makes nice cams. I ran one of them in a truck and it was great.

But I didn't run this particular grind.

I had that cam in a 360 in a 71 Dart. First hand I can tell you that cam is one of the dead BEST street grinds ever made.

Hey rusty! I really wanna go with this cam! Being it has a higher lsa will it have some lope? And being a 2200-5200 peak cam will it kill my bottom end?

No it idles like a kitten. Decide what you want. A lopey lo compression slug or something that'll skin it back. That cam has big balls down low all the way to 6500. I told you it's a damn goodun. I don't know what else you're lookin for.

-
Back