69 Dart bulge hood

-

dartswinger71318

Reaction score
I recently purchased a bulge hood for my 69 Dart project. I got it cheap, knowing it needed work. Under closer inspection I found that the hinge mounts need to be replaced as well as the hood latch area. Is the a source for the inner structure for the bulge hoods or should i cut my flat hood to repair the rot? Thanks.

I had a bulge hood that had sat nose buried in the dirt, at the back of someones back yard. We had to transplant whole nose off of a donor flat hood. Never know it to look at it. I'll try and find some pics. Good luck. cheers PS - have also repaired hinge points on a diff hood with parts from same donor hood.

Last edited:
I bought a good bulge hood with a bad frame. I separated the frame from the hood and did the same with my flat hood and put the two good pieces together. It took a while but wasn't really that hard. Good luck.

I had a bulge hood that had sat nose buried in the dirt, at the back of someones back yard. We had to transplant whole nose off of a donor flat hood. Never know it to look at it. I'll try and find some pics. Good luck. cheers PS - have also repaired hinge points on a diff hood with parts from same donor hood.
Thanks for the info. The flat hood is in perfect shape, hate to hack it apart but for 100 dollars I couldn't pass up the bulge hood. I think I'm going to attempt the transplant.

I bought a good bulge hood with a bad frame. I separated the frame from the hood and did the same with my flat hood and put the two good pieces together. It took a while but wasn't really that hard. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply, I think im going to do the same.

-
Back