69 Formula S 340 4speed coupes

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone owns one. There were 325 Formula S 340 coupes made in 69 but there is no breakdown on auto/4 speed. Theres a car listed on facebook claiming to be 1 of 2 built. Any truth to that ?

My friend Bill has a 69 notch back formula s 383 4 speed. It was one of 53 built. Being thats a 340 there was probably a lot more than 2 built.

20161230_112200.jpg

20180508_185250.jpg

Probably one of two in that color with certain options..... one of whatever is way overused.

That would be my guess. He seems pretty certain that there are only 2 340 notch cars built. That I know isn't true. two 4 seed cars, Maybe but still unlikely. It does seem that 383 S notch is easier to find

What's up, Adam? Great to see you man. Hope you are doin ok.

Us mopar guys always love numbers. I have always been told ma mopar never kept a break down as to colors, trans, etc..... maybe Chrysler archives actually has some of it,....

some people tend to make these figure, but rare is rare, must be a reason people crave thus info.....

Just wondering if anyone owns one. There were 325 Formula S 340 coupes made in 69 but there is no breakdown on auto/4 speed. Theres a car listed on facebook claiming to be 1 of 2 built. Any truth to that ?

Is that the WAY over priced green one!!!! That guy is full of $hit and has no clue. (chevy/ford dealer??)
Yeah i have one and it has A/C which makes it MUCH RARER than his.(47k mile, original paint survivor).
MODTOP 21k mile survivor in foreground.

20170105_122504 (2).jpg

What was the difference between a 'Cuda and a Formula S ?
'cuda package is the same mechanically as a Formuls-S. 'cuda package is basically a visual thing, but 'cudas tend to have less options. 'cuda has the hood stripes/small scoops, lower body stripes, front and rear valance is painted black, 'cuda with engine size decals on fenders and has the standard argent rear finish panel with the fish emblem. 'cuda also starts with the lowest base bench seat with NO armrest.
Both Formula-S and 'cuda have blacked out grills.
'cuda came standard as a 4 speed. Auto was option.
.....pic of 2 'cuda package cars....

SCAN0041.JPG

Last edited:
Good to know. I never gave much thought to the differences... I knew Cudas had the hood scoops and graphics but thats about all. I also assumed Cudas were all bigblock cars.
I was always a B-body guy until the last 15 years or so and focused on them

I know where there is a '69 340-S convertible for sale here in SoCal - reportedly 1 of 83 made.
Anybody interested?
PM me your contact info and I'll give it to the seller on Sunday. He's going to have the car at our "Mopars In May At CSDR" car show looking for a buyer.
The car isn't perfect but in really good condition. Don't know the price.

-
Back