71 Dart air cleaner options

-

dartswinger71318

Reaction score
I'm looking options for my 71 Dart 318/4 bbl with dual scoops and fresh air holes in the hood. Does anyone have pics of their setup or suggestions so I can make the scoops operational. I'm currently using an air cleaner from a 360 I had.
20180728_123907.jpg
20180728_123834.jpg

I kinda forgot what your question was..... that’s a sharp looking Dart!!!

Amen to that- great looking
but those scoops are for looks
airflow goes over the top

Huh ?
The 340 air cleaner and hood scoops are fully functional.
Air goes into the scoops, and into the 2 openings of the air cleaner.
Not sure where you came up with this ?

The only problem, is this particular air cleaner has gotten very expensive. Good luck with your search.

Huh ?
The 340 air cleaner and hood scoops are fully functional.
Air goes into the scoops, and into the 2 openings of the air cleaner.
Not sure where you came up with this ?
I think what he means is aerodynamically they are horribley inefficient. Functional yes, good no. They are too close to the body and in the boundary layer. Not much high velocity air there. It is pulling cooler air.

or pick up air from the plenum at the base of the windshield like Smokey and the Z-11 chevy did
or from the grille area with some heater duct 4 headlights- take out the high beams but...
those stock airscoops were quickly replaced with the high scoops and the F1 style- they do give cool air and lots of water when it rains
around town in is not going to make any ram air difference but cool air is good
I'm not suggesting you butcher that beautiful car

Easiest way to replicate it is get a dual snorkel air cleaner, remove both snorkels and invert the lip on the air cleaner base, thats what my dad did with the air cleaner for mine. The originals are worth a fortune if you can find one

C26F8A41-3700-4CB1-B73D-2059E4710E92.jpeg

876A8D49-BD2B-4263-AC25-C3D8A5E3D4A9.jpeg

5AB99326-1CFF-4659-A2A5-E207E608DC03.jpeg

Awesome car and great color choice!

Last edited:
-
Back