Front end rebuild kits - 11karkrazy

-

pauly

MOPAR or no car!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any experience with the front end rebuild kits this guy is selling on Ebay? Goes by 11karkrazy? Is it decent stuff or cheap Chinese knockoffs?

Price looks pretty good. I'm rebuilding a 70 duster with disc brakes.

I wouldn't risk it since he doesn't state the brand or where the parts are made. PST has kits for cheaper since they offer a member discount and free shipping. Plus there's hundreds of people on this board that can vouch for them.

RockAuto for all your Moog Bj's and tie rods (stock 9/16 or look up 74 C body for 11/16 ties)
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/ for all your bushings
Firm Feel for anything else (control arms, new pins, adjustable strut rods, etc)
Hellwig for the sway bars
PST only for there solid tie rod sleeves

much cheaper than just buying a kit from PST. PST wanted 50 per lower BJ, rockauto is like 28 and just goes from there

RockAuto for all your Moog Bj's and tie rods (stock 9/16 or look up 74 C body for 11/16 ties)
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/ for all your bushings
Firm Feel for anything else (control arms, new pins, adjustable strut rods, etc)
Hellwig for the sway bars
PST only for there solid tie rod sleeves

much cheaper than just buying a kit from PST. PST wanted 50 per lower BJ, rockauto is like 28 and just goes from there

There's no way piecing everything together like that is cheaper. Not only are those other places the same price or more, but you're now paying separate shipping charges from each site instead of the free shipping you get from PST. Rockauto charges $52 a piece for their cheapest lower ball joints for his car.

Unless you're dead set on only top of the line parts, a kit will always be the cheapest way to go.

There's no way piecing everything together like that is cheaper. Not only are those other places the same price or more, but you're now paying separate shipping charges from each site instead of the free shipping you get from PST. Rockauto charges $52 a piece for their cheapest lower ball joints for his car.

Unless you're dead set on only top of the line parts, a kit will always be the cheapest way to go.

wow i got my moog BJ's for 25 bucks thru rockauto, PST was 50. rock auto 11/16 tie rods were 14, pst was 26. i saved about 100 bucks all said and done

lol wow, i have to watch it, been to long!

Been a long time since I've seen it too, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Everything from Seabass, to the PA State Trooper drinking beer bottles filled with piss, to the Tea spiked with Ex-Lax... :D

I asked and he stated that he buys American as much as possible and typically uses moog, so I guess it's a toss up on the parts you get

If its a daily driver.. buy quality suspension parts. Tires cost too much to risk wearing them out early because suspension components failed early.
I support my locally owned part stores whenever possible. Those smiling faces are my neighbors. How and where you spend your money is your decision. Good luck

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the front end rebuild kits this guy is selling on Ebay? Goes by 11karkrazy? Is it decent stuff or cheap Chinese knockoffs?

Price looks pretty good. I'm rebuilding a 70 duster with disc brakes.

Pauly to answer your original question the owner told me the parts are from Mexico and India at present. I had to ask after seeing the prices. Dan

wow i got my moog BJ's for 25 bucks thru rockauto, PST was 50. rock auto 11/16 tie rods were 14, pst was 26. i saved about 100 bucks all said and done

Were they on sale? My original thought was to go through RockAuto too but as stated by OP I cant find LBJ for less then 50 a piece. Definitely rebuilding my front end this winter and can't afford to break the bank.

Hey Guys,

In our new fall catalog we lowered the price on our front end kit and to boot you can use your members only discount.

Most Standard Kits in Rubber are $219
Most Standard Kits in Polygraphite are $269

These kits includes
Upper and lower ball joints
Upper and lower control are bushing
outer tie rods ends
Strut Rod Bushings
Sway bar bushings
Stabilizer Links

Our Super Front end Kits are

Rubber $379
Polygrahite $439

These kits include:
Everything above
Plus: Upper Cam and Bolt kits
Inner tie rod ends
Adjusting Sleeves
Idler Arm

All orders within the 48 States include free shipping
Your only dealing with one company if you run into an issue
We have been in business for 30 years and include a warranty
Forabodiesonly members discount

Were they on sale? My original thought was to go through RockAuto too but as stated by OP I cant find LBJ for less then 50 a piece. Definitely rebuilding my front end this winter and can't afford to break the bank.

I don't think so...

Thanks for weighing in on this guys! I want to do this once and do it right the first time! I got the same answer from 11karkrazy - he said his last two shipments of parts came from India and Mexico (?).

Thanks for weighing in on this guys! I want to do this once and do it right the first time! I got the same answer from 11karkrazy - he said his last two shipments of parts came from India and Mexico (?).

Pauly not to belabor the point but a friend ordered a pair of tie rod ends from Rock auto that on line showed a little USA flag next to the part #. When they arrived they were Chinese. The box was made in the USA though. Dan

Kanter auto. Bone stock rubber, no squeak to date. About 10 years now. I think US parts were sourced back then but i wasnt that interested in origin either, just getting it done as i was moving soon.

Pauly not to belabor the point but a friend ordered a pair of tie rod ends from Rock auto that on line showed a little USA flag next to the part #. When they arrived they were Chinese. The box was made in the USA though. Dan

Glad to know we still have that technology here!!!!!

-
Back