magnum .028 head gaskets?????

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
So i read over on magnumswap that there are magnum head gaskets out there that are 0.28 compressed thickness and i cant seem to find any that are advertised for the mag motors. they are for the LA engines. are they the same?

got a 5.9 and the heads are coming off and id like to put a thinner gasket in to gain some compression.

The head surface should be about .040 from the piston. Check to see if you have clearance.
The difference in head gasket thickness is not going to make much of a compression increase, unless you have crazy thick gaskets now.
You can always buy Cometics in any bore or thickness size.

So i read over on magnumswap that there are magnum head gaskets out there that are 0.28 compressed thickness and i cant seem to find any that are advertised for the mag motors. they are for the LA engines. are they the same?

got a 5.9 and the heads are coming off and id like to put a thinner gasket in to gain some compression.

Y.G.2:0 : Yes ,LA head gaskets work on Magnums.(same ,ignore push rod holes. Mr. Gasket p.n.1121 G, one per pack. Stock compressed head gaskets,. 050" compressed. A couple of tenths ,to be had.

Y.G.2:0 : Yes ,LA head gaskets work on Magnums.(same ,ignore push rod holes. Mr. Gasket p.n.1121 G, one per pack. Stock compressed head gaskets,. 050" compressed. A couple of tenths ,to be had.

I wanna pull the heads and have em looked over and ordered new locks retainers seals and springs from Hughes today. I could take .010 off the heads for a total of .030 off . That's close to full point I think. And it's super cheap to do. Thanks abodybomer ! You are always a big help

I wanna pull the heads and have em looked over and ordered new locks retainers seals and springs from Hughes today. I could take .010 off the heads for a total of .030 off . That's close to full point I think. And it's super cheap to do. Thanks abodybomer ! You are always a big help

Good choice. Leave the stock heads alone. Swap the springs I recommended.

-
Back