‘64 Valiant Production Numbers

-

64VLYNT

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 64 Valiant Signet, 273, Hurst 4 speed, original color and black vinyl top. It’s show worthy. I have the build sheet from Chrysler I got a few years ago, but I’m trying to find out how many of these were produced that year. Not thinking it was many.
Anyone know how I can get that info?
Thanks.

6D121E97-C0DB-4852-AFE8-279A61DBA73E.jpeg

From issue 59 of the Slant Six News (1996), total 1964 Valiant production including Barracudas was 251,028. Signet hardtop production was 37,736.

Exact V8 and/or 4-speed production figures seem not to exist (at least according to this source), but 6.7% of all 64 Valiants (including Barracudas) had 4-speeds (most of them behind Slant 6's), while 9.2% of all non-Barracuda Valiants had V8's (most of them in Signets).

Put another way, a bit over 90% of 64 Barracudas had V8's, while less than 10% of Valiants had V8's.

This obviously leaves a lot on the table. What percentage of Signets had V8's? What percentage of Signets had 4-speeds? What percentage had both? Higher percents than 100 or 200 Valiants, I'm sure, but still a pretty small percentage. If I had to guess, I'd say 3,000 or so with both V8 and 4-speed. I would love to be corrected by anyone who has more complete information.

Can't help much with U.S. numbers. This is Windsor but may provide a bit of insight on what those numbers may have looked like ???

I think as has been stated elsewhere, the combinations of options become fairly complex and I don't know how much tracking at corporate was done. Someone in Windsor was kind enough to go down to the public library and photocopy these for me.

Good luck

Data Book 001.jpg

Corporate Shipments 001.jpg

Thank you for this great info! Much appreciated. That’s more than I had previously. From this I can’t imagine there would be many left out there still running and on the road. I never see any at shows. thanks again!

-
Back