“My Copilot Just Ran Out The Back Of The Plane”

-

go-fish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sad story.

A recording of radio calls between an air traffic controller at Raleigh-Durham International Airport and the pilot of a stricken CASA C-212 twin-engine turboprop light cargo plane involved in a fatal incident on July 29 has now emerged online. The pilot can be heard explaining multiple times that his co-pilot got up and jumped out of the back of the aircraft, which was missing a main landing gear wheel and was about to attempt an emergency landing, without a parachute and was likely dead.
"My Copilot Just Ran Out The Back Of The Plane"- Chilling Audio From Aerial Incident Near Fort Bragg

He must have had a Hella phobia! Keep the nose up,a Lil, and don't hit the trees, you'd probably fare better than the chuteless jump!

I was thinking maybe something like he was trying to get some kind of pilot job (maybe military) and he was afraid of a blemished record with the hard landing on their touch and go training. Might have been so worked up about damaging the craft that he got beside himself.
Just a theory.

Imagine chilling out in your backyard and having someone burn in right in front of you. Bam!

Did he have a mental breakdown or something?? Either way, he's not anyone I would've wanted flying me around if that's how he reacted in an emergency situation. Definitely sad for his family though.

My guess?
When they find bundles of drugs along the same route they'll figure out the the man who departed the plane was trying to unload the cargo before landing cause he/they knew investigators would be inspecting the plane after it landed....

The plane was owned by a military contractor that carried U S Army Airborne up to make jumps. I guess when he put it in too hard at that raggedy grass strip in Raeford and the lost the right wheel, he figured they'd die when they landed it in Raleigh. The guy who landed it at RDU couldn't have done a better job. Kept the right wing up until lift went away and then got it over in the grass out of the way. I think the swan dive dude just panicked and jumped because he thought they were gonna crash and burn. Sad for his family, and also the folks whose backyard he went THUD in. :(

-
Back