'00 Efi Conversion info

-

TT'74

Reaction score
Snagged this off of dakotart.com, the diagrams are courtesy of Brian Esser. These diagrams are all for 2000 dakota's. This first link is for the entire catalog.
http://brianesser.com/dodge-dakota-technical-information/dodge-dakota-wiring-diagrams/

These are the individual pin out for the PCM connectors:

C1
ECM-C1.jpg

C2

ECM-C2.jpg

C3

ECM-C3.jpg

Here are the pinouts for the automatic shutdown relay and fuel pump relay, which are the only relays required to have power for normal engine operation in OBD2 trucks between 1996-2000.

2000Fuel-Pump-Diagram.jpg

2000autoshutdownrelaypinout.png

Thanks. We'll "take" all the info we can get on these

Hopefully a mod will see these and sticky the two posts. Or maybe make an EFI section.

the wiring diagrams will get you on the right track but computer needs to be flashed in order to remove the security features that shut the engine off after two seconds (transponder key)

the wiring diagrams will get you on the right track but computer needs to be flashed in order to remove the security features that shut the engine off after two seconds (transponder key)

Thats not entirely true. Yes there are vehicles that came with security from the factory. But even in the years that offered "security" PCMs there were also non-security versions. As I recall, security was first offered on 1999 model years. But anything prior to that is not a concern and anything 99-(i believe) '01 would just need to be looked at more closely. I think '02 is when they when to the 4 connector PCMs ( it was either '01 or '02).

-
Back