09 Challenger ??'s

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hey all. My son has come home from Afganistan for 2 weeks R&R. We are installing a supercharger on his 09 Challenger R/T. We need to connect a fuel pump voltage booster in line to the fuel pump power wire. We are having issue finding the pump to get the wires. Any one know where the pump is or where the power wire is? The voltage booster is a MSD fuel pump voltage booster. This is the last step to getting his car back on the road to smoke the tires even more.

Thanks in advanced for all your help.

The fuel "pumps" are accessed from under the back seat. Just remove the rear seat bottom to get to them. Good luck!

next question. How do you remove the back seat? I have tryed to push in and up like on the old cars but does not seam to move.

From the FSM:

1.Carefully pull up on the front of the seat, disengaging the seat retainers.
2.Lift up on front of seat and pull seat cushion towards the front of the vehicle.
3.Remove the seat cushion from the vehicle.

No need to push in, just lift straight up.

You guys have been great.

Mr. Ed. It appears that you have a FSM,could you tell me which of the few wires is the hot?

OK some details while we are waiting.

Magna supercharger kit from shop hemi dot com. It is a 6.1 kit so for a 5.7 we found out we had to get a few extra parts, 6.1 PCV, throttle body gasket-o-ring (dealer only items $16 total) and intake gasket(adavace auto $80) those parts are different from the 5.7 and 6.1 $6900 for the rest of the kit. Instruction book has been great and very easy to follow. One thing with the price is he got a carbonfiber air box. S/C, fuel rail, injectors(8lbs) and intake pre-assembled. for little more moey you ca get 12lbs injetors but says need to upgrade wireing as well. Once we finish we will post pics in a new thread.

Fuel Pump Module 5-way connector:

Pin-Circuit- Function
1 -N4 20DB/WT- FUEL LEVEL SIGNAL 1
2 -Z2 10 20BK- GROUND
3 -N5 20DB/GY- FUEL LEVEL SIGNAL 2
4 -Z9 12 16BK/OR -GROUND
5 -N1 16DB/OR- FUEL PUMP RELAY OUTPUT
9wnpvibl.jpg

Looks like you need the Dark Blue/Orange wire in cavity 5 of the connector. This comes directly from the fuel pump relay. I would imagine you could pick this wire up anywhere between the relay and the pump, you don't necessarily have to go under the seat.

Thanks Ed. It looks like under the seat is the easiest way to get at the wires. Plus the booster is goin in the trunk. Again I wanna say thanks for all the help from everyone here. PICS SOON.

Any one know of place to get cutstom tune for the car? Western KY Southern IN, North-west TN.
Once I get the dang car tuned maybe able to get some pics and vid. Thanks

might try greg at speedy dyno in owensboro,ky. he has a full selection of SCT tuning/computer software. he is an older gentleman,has been at this a while. has a great in-house wheel/chassis dyno. look up speedy muffler and brake in owensboro,ky,as i don't have his number on hand right now. maybe he can help. we have an 89 fox-body, vortech V-2, 12 lbs. boost with anderson power pipe,GT-40 X aluminum heads,E-303 cam,extrude-honed holley-systemax upper/lower,42# injectors,stock 302 bottom end,a very mild,daily driver little stang,puttin 530hp to the tires. greg did a great job of tuning the car. couldn't be happier. hope this helps.

Thanks superbyrd. Now this gets the car one step closer to hitting the raod and tearing it up. A tune and dyno starts at $500. Hope my son has the funds after getting the supercharger.....

-
Back