1/2” x 20 ARP long wheel studs on front disks.

-

Ruinnations

Reaction score
I have been searching here and other places. I have not found any mention of any part numbers, places offering for sale, or anyone actually doing them. I was looking for a longer stud and have not found anything but a standard replacement from Dorman. Is it not something that is done?

Thanks

I have been searching here and other places. I have not found any mention of any part numbers, places offering for sale, or anyone actually doing them. I was looking for a longer stud and have not found anything but a standard replacement from Dorman. Is it not something that is done?

Thanks
I bought them myself. I will look up the number I bought and get them to you a little later tonight. Dave

Thanks
I thought I bought the wheel studs through Amazon but apparently not. Therefore I believe that I bought them at O'Reilly's Auto

I recently bought alloys for my 68. All 4 wheels are LBP with 1/2"-20 studs.Test fitting the bare wheel on the rear I found the thread engagement of the nuts to only be 7 threads which calculates to 0.35. Approx 11/32") at 20 threads/inch. They are stock Chrysler studs measuring 1.72 overall including the head inside the axle flange.

As a minimum I want to see at least 1/2" engagement, the diameter of the stud which is a basic engineering principle. I haven't checked the front yet which are 73-76 discs.

I remember looking for longer studs in the past but it's been awhile. For me an overall length of 2" would be ideal. I was thinking of contacting Moser to see if they offer anything. As a last resort I was thinking shortened 3" drag style studs. My correct nuts for the wheels are closed end so I can't run open lug nuts with these wheels.

I'll try to see what I can find and get back here.

I recently bought alloys for my 68. All 4 wheels are LBP with 1/2"-20 studs.Test fitting the bare wheel on the rear I found the thread engagement of the nuts to only be 7 threads which calculates to 0.35. Approx 11/32") at 20 threads/inch. They are stock Chrysler studs measuring 1.72 overall including the head inside the axle flange.

As a minimum I want to see at least 1/2" engagement, the diameter of the stud which is a basic engineering principle. I haven't checked the front yet which are 73-76 discs.

I remember looking for longer studs in the past but it's been awhile. For me an overall length of 2" would be ideal. I was thinking of contacting Moser to see if they offer anything. As a last resort I was thinking shortened 3" drag style studs. My correct nuts for the wheels are closed end so I can't run open lug nuts with these wheels.

I am also getting alloys and have been considering et thread style nuts. I contacted the wheel manufacturer to see if et thread would work with the wheels and they did not really answer the question.

I wonder if these would work?

Moser Engineering 8010: Wheel Studs 1/2" -20 x 3" - JEGS

-
Back