Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Not sure how to list this as a price goes, so I'll just jump in.

We (my Brother and I) have a bunch of silver coins that were scrap value estimated at 1,200 in silver weight.
There are nickles, mercury dimes, Eagle and liberty dollars as well as 50 cent pieces, ranging from in the late 1800's
We know for a fact they were worth 1,200 in silver alone. (6 months ago)
Some of the coin values are above that but nothing real rare.

Offers?

Suggestions?

Located in 86314 AZ

Edit: I see silver is currently 22 something and ounce.
Should have looked at that first I guess.

What's the actual weight... best way to sell since the price of silver is always based on weight... $1200 in coins really means nothing to me as a silver buyer since silver has been falling, but telling me it weights (x) amount of ounces or pounds, and then post a picture of it being weighed, along with some pics of the dates etc... Just like folks do in ebay.

I'm interested at scrap weight once you can show me the actual weight..

What's the actual weight... best way to sell since the price of silver is always based on weight... $1200 in coins really means nothing to me as a silver buyer since silver has been falling, but telling me it weights (x) amount of ounces or pounds, and then post a picture of it being weighed, along with some pics of the dates etc... Just like folks do in ebay.

I'm interested at scrap weight once you can show me the actual weight..

Yea, I told my Brother it would probably be pointless to post it unless we knew the actual weight.
Neither one of us remembers what it weighed out to when we had it weighed either. :banghead:
I don't think we will be selling it at scrap weight any way due to some of the coins being worth more than that, and silver being way down.

I let him talk me into jumping the gun a bit and posting it.
We will weight it though and see what is there in scrap at least.

Thanks for the response.

no problem.... coin values are down too, (related to the silver being down) unless they are graded and few well preserved, which most people do not do, they end up in a coin jar etc and all scratched up..

If you get around to selling PM me, as I have been buying silver and silver coins for several years now as investment

Just think, silver was at $7 in 2005 and has steadily risen. I myself had sold a huge amount of silver coins during the Hunt brothers scheme in 1980 when they cornered the market and Silver went to $49 per ounce from $1.63 in 1970. My dad was in the jukebox business and saved silver coins over the years and after his death, I bought my first home with it's sales.

I just sold a bunch of coins that were sitting around. I was paid 16 times the face value of the coins. Let me know if you are still looking. This place is not far from Metro Center. I am a regular valued customer there. I have heard that most people get 14 times face value

With mixed coins you're dealing with spotprice and collectability values.
As for spotprices sales, mid summer is not the smartest time to sell metals because values drop during this time. Better wait till the end of the year to unload silver.

Silver and gold are both down but they'll be back. Hang on to them.

Attachments

• 2006-Set-of-4-1-Dollar-US-1oz.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Gold%20Buffalo%2050s%202006-2011%202.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 319
bad time to sell... and i wouldn't be selling right now as those could be your saving grace when the places we work close...

its worth your time to buy a current coin book and go thru and find the goodies... they will pay for your time and book many times over...

but dont sell... please!

Here is a website you NEED to check out: coinflation.com This is the best site you will find in regards to silver / gold coin values. Very useful info there; I am a silver collector myself. Good luck, but as stated, I would wait on unloading them right now...

BTW, you said silver nickels; only war nickels have silver content, check out the site above.

Now is a good time to buy silver, as other have said maybe you should wait to sell. Whatever you do never use those silver and gold traders on TV, they give very little compared to you local shops. My dad in Libby MT is usually a buyer/seller and pays/charges closer to spot silver then most. He travels to Arizona every year for a mineral show but it already happened this year. He runs a music and collectibles store (Rocky Mountain Music) and will trade as well.

hey trail if you want PM me and i'll give you mt dad's number, we have been doing coins and flakes since the mid 90's

you can find everything tou need on E-Bay or Amazon.com to melt your scrap silver ( after sorting out the coins your keeping.) thats if your into doing things yourself otherwise you can mail in your scrap for refining. They take it weight it and either pay them there fee or they take there fee in product, mail you the difference in in finished product at least if you have it processesd in block or coin etc you will know what you have to sell and what it weights and what you can get for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back