1/4 panels or Patch Panels 67 Barracuda?

-

Suregrip391

Reaction score
Looks like I may need a set of 1/4 panel patch panels (lower, behind rear wheel) for a 67 Fastback. I can only find full 1/4 panel skins from Goodmark, Yearone etc.... Year One claims they are of poor quality (4 out of 5) 5 being bad! Anyone have a good source for them in better quality? I think I only need the lower patch panels but cannot find a supplier.....any ideas guys? Thanks. :thumblef:

i think laysons is the manufacteror. i bought a rear 1/4 from some one back east last year and when i got it there was a laysons label on it. quality wasnt what i expected but everything worked out ok. fit was ok heres a couple of pics

lr quarter1.JPG

cuda 14 replace 2.JPG

I did a lot of research on this subject when I got the panels for my vert. I had bought a parts car that came with a new repop panel unused so it still had the manufacturers tag on it. If you really start looking into this you will notice almost everyone uses the same part number for thier panel except fot Year- One but I did get thier sales rep to tell me who was making the panels and it was the same as everyone else. The body panels for the Cudas are made by a company called Legion in Tiawan. They are distributed by Goodmark to the various vendors so pick the one with the best price but make sure you take shipping cost into account. Some are cheaper on the initial price but more than make up for it in the shipping. It cost me $90 to have the quarter for my cuda shipped to me which was a lot lower than some places were quoting. I paid $10 more than the cheapest place for the quarter but save $50 on the freight. Don't forget to check out the body shop supply places in you town and see if they carry them. Most all are Goodmark dealers and may order them in for you with thier next stock order and save you some if not all of the freight.

As for quality, they will need some work. The body lines are not as well defined and they are a little wavy. Use only what you have to and it will be fine. A little high build primer and some strageic sanding will sharpen up the body lines and some paitience willmake them as straight as you want them to be.

A little something you may not have noticed on your cuda if the sheetmetal is still original. The Body lines around the wheel well are sharper on the drivers side than they are on the passengers side.:dontknow:

Have you got a CaqQuest in your area? That's where I got mine. (patch panels) Cheaper and right over the counter. The fit was the same as everybody else's. Use only what you need and it should work out fine.

Jack

-
Back