1.5L/90ci Blower On A Slant

-
Lol-he's just matching up parts like any other combo, c'mon Rob-you wouldn't want him wasting money on a unit that wouldn't work up to best potential would ya?

Here's something to see Ed. Maybe this will help some. This guy is ran a best of 11.15@120MPH
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5432&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

hmm interesting! i have seen mention of him and his car but never was able to find pics or specs. a 4/71 is still not out of line for me, though i think the 6/71 will make a ton more power with it underdriven (high efficiency). the gear thing is interesting and the rpm shift points are way up there, higher than my NA motor!

hmm interesting! i have seen mention of him and his car but never was able to find pics or specs. a 4/71 is still not out of line for me, though i think the 6/71 will make a ton more power with it underdriven (high efficiency). the gear thing is interesting and the rpm shift points are way up there, higher than my NA motor!
Glad I could help some. I can't find any specs on his motor much other than he runs two holley450s and what is listed in the thread. I calculated his HP roughly with the weight of the car he provided and it came up as close to 350. :D

Glad I could help some. I can't find any specs on his motor much other than he runs two holley450s and what is listed in the thread. I calculated his HP roughly with the weight of the car he provided and it came up as close to 350. :D

wow two 450's, wonder if thats even enough! the 6/71 guys seem to think a pair of 600's is below minimum in a small chevy or ford.

Use an intake manifold with equal length runners to equalize A/F ratios in all cylinders.
The intake pictured has a nice design(runners and plenum)
I know your in the mock up stage but the intake is going to determine the location of the blower. Perhaps just buy a 6-71 base gasket for reference.
That 6-71 is heavy, plan on fabbing up some intake supports. Between the added weight and stress of the belt drive, your going to need to support that intake.
Nothing wrong with running a small bore 6-71on a small ci engine.
I recommend a big bore simply because of resale value, should you decide to sell.
The 6-71 will require at least twice as much HP to turn as a M90 would. The 6-71 requires two 600 carbs (again more weight). Dont rule out an M90 with one carb. Keep it simple.

Attachments

• AussieSpeed_Slant_six_supercharger.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 176
-
Back