1.6 Rocker Arms for /6

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
Just happened to notice that Clifford performance has 1.6's for the /6 ! Anyone familiar with them ?? $369 didn't sound too unreasonable seeing a s new stock ones go for about $150 !!

as far as i know the cliffords are a stock style rockers just with the better ratio... i thought i heard they might even be modded stockers but not sure o that...

i would notice that nobody has them though... they run custom rollers...

But who makes custom rollers ?? And how much more reliable would rollers be over stock style ??

But who makes custom rollers ?? And how much more reliable would rollers be over stock style ??

well it depends on what they are made of and how they are made...

as for people RAS makes/made them as well as cox bro's...

im trying to get a single and just have a hole bunch made...

Thanks SS !! I like the Roller Rockers,but the failure possibility scares me !! I think a phone call is in order !!

So does anyone have an actual cost for those roller rockers? The only ones I have ever seen for a slant are a set that were listed for over a thousand a set. If these are a reasonable price then that would be awesome.

Thanks
Jeff

http://rockerarms.com/chrysler.htm

They have a listing. The 1.6s are not rollers, but asr true 1.6s and are like 300 bucks.

Has any body used or called this company what was the total on a set of high ratio and does anybody have any facts about the benifits of using a higher ratio I no I had a cam reground a couple months ago and they quoted me numbers for 1.5 ratio what's a slants true ratio I think I read somewhere that its just under 1.4 it would be in my favor to already get 1.5 so I can take advantage of the regrind I do believe
Aaron

My understanding is the Clifford units are inaccurately-described stock ~1.5-ratio arms, priced up nice and high. Use extreme caution when dealing with Clifford. See also here for discussion of another aftermarket \6 rocker, um, "situation". :roll:

OK,I'm probably going to get chewed a new one from many directions,but I'm biting the bullet and going with the roller rockers !After talking with Trent and Gary,I'm willing to give them a shot !!And I'm sure I'll get shot when the wife finds out too !!!:D The stock style High Ratio (1.6) before lash actually come out around 1.5ish from Gary was saying.Soooo we, "I" shall see !!!! HR Stockers- $295, 1.6 Rollers- $650 FYI !!

Trent finally refunded me the $425 dollars after he sold MY rockers that were suposed to be fixed for Me to someone else for $695.Check wall thickness,and if rockers dont bind after torqued down,and make sure hold down bolts arent too long.Willing to bet you will not bee happy after all is said and done.What was the promise date for product?PLEASE let us know how this works out for you.Mark

Also look at where the tips of rollers touch the tops of your valves and diamater of roller,and distence between valve stem top to side of rockers.CHECK everything carefully.

Been told by MANY that the SLANT 6 was a waste of money to build TOO !! And if they don't work,I'll waste more money 'till I'm satisfied !!:mrgreen:

Been told by MANY that the SLANT 6 was a waste of money to build TOO !! And if they don't work,I'll waste more money 'till I'm satisfied !!:mrgreen:

Ask those guys if they have a car that will outrun Ryan Peterson's slant 6 '66 Valiant in the quarter mile; 127 mph in 10.64 seconds with highway gears (2.76:1's.)

Here's the video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QzUfV8iTpQ"]Turbo Slant Six 10.74 @ 127 mph 7-19-10 - YouTube[/ame]

Of course, there are those that can do it, but they're not very streetable, I would bet. With his car's very mild turbo cam, relatively low compression, and hiway gears, Ryan's car is probably a good candidate for street driving, as well as being really quick in the quarter-mile.

And, he doesn't think it runs well at high rpm, so, he shifts it below 5,500.
Probably last forever, with a red line that low...

Now, tell me why a slant 6 is an undesirable engine for a hot rodded A-body? :wack:

You know that Bill,and I know it too,but there are many that just don't see why we would bother !! Tome,it's a case of "DARE TO BE DIFFERENT" !!!

The stock style High Ratio (1.6) before lash actually come out around 1.5ish from Gary was saying.Soooo we, "I" shall see !!!! HR Stockers- $295, !!
Has any one had their rockers rebuilt by them and what kind of experience with them.Even if they were 1.5 better than 1.4...
I would go that route for my on a budget build...

Umm..... The people that said that are dedicated /6 racers. I guess I should have clarified better. They stated that I should stay with the stock rocker setup. I am a fan of /6's and have won a bunch of $$ racing them so...if you dig it, go for it!!

Ask those guys if they have a car that will outrun Ryan Peterson's slant 6 '66 Valiant in the quarter mile; 127 mph in 10.64 seconds with highway gears (2.76:1's.)

Here's the video: Turbo Slant Six 10.74 @ 127 mph 7-19-10 - YouTube

Of course, there are those that can do it, but they're not very streetable, I would bet. With his car's very mild turbo cam, relatively low compression, and hiway gears, Ryan's car is probably a good candidate for street driving, as well as being really quick in the quarter-mile.

And, he doesn't think it runs well at high rpm, so, he shifts it below 5,500.
Probably last forever, with a red line that low...

Now, tell me why a slant 6 is an undesirable engine for a hot rodded A-body? :wack:

Never said that...here's my old one. Took '05 /6 rookie title with it. Won some good $$ with it...

Attachments

• 2507586294_b99d5693ff_m.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,100
"Never said that...here's my old one. Took '05 /6 rookie title with it. Won some good $$ with it..."
THIS:

was the post I had reference to... not yours, and I know that 6-pakattack is squarely in our corner, too.

It was a rhetorical post (by me.) My apoligies that it was mis-interpreted. I need to be more clear...

"Never said that...here's my old one. Took '05 /6 rookie title with it. Won some good $$ with it..."
THIS:

was the post I had reference to... not yours, and I know that 6-pakattack is squarely in our corner, too.

It was a rhetorical post (by me.) My apoligies that it was mis-interpreted. I need to be more clear...

you on the attack again bill??? LOL....

-
Back