1.6 rockers,,, cause and effect

-

project360

Reaction score
i was told i should go with 1.6s on the cam in my sig....
what is the gain other than lift....(lift = power)
ive read about strain on parts, springs, retainer, push rods etc due to preassure and angle.. any other thoughts, thanks all.

Upping the ratio adds intencity, and a most absoulte minor amount of more duration. It may very well require new valve springs due to the added lift.
.521 becomes .5557
.528 becomes .563

i dont have the correct valve springs yet, so thats ok, i have two sets of singles up to 500 lift so im in the market anyways. guess i need to check clearances with these numbers and see if the pockets are deep enough as well

I'll be using 1.6 rockers too....and the lift will be.....0.558" in & 0.576" ex.
duration @ 0.050" is 228* in & 232* ex......with 110* LSA.
How do you's reckon that'll go???
I'm yet to get v/springs......the heads are Eddys' RPM's...2.02" & 1.60"

i dont have the correct valve springs yet, so thats ok, i have two sets of singles up to 500 lift so im in the market anyways. guess i need to check clearances with these numbers and see if the pockets are deep enough as well

figure put what the target installed height will be-1.70 or 1.75 or 1.80
I think the eddys are 1.80, so that'll open the door to an abundance of spring choices and cheap!

I reckon preety dang good since the extra lift will put the valve right where the head flows best. new valve springs are a good idea if the Edel. springs are old. Reghuardless, the head may need to be worked on since the valve lift is at the edge of what Edelbrock says is max lift. There may be a need for a lil'clearancing.

and at the same time, a spring controls best, so they say-circle track-, when it is compressed within .050 of it's max rated lift/coil bind.

just match them to the cam.

Agreed. The stock Edel. springs are to .575 lift, better spring (Greater capcity) would be a better spring to control everything instead of something at it's listed limits.

Why not stay with 1.5 rockers, and get a cam with the specs you want? I have never understood spending $300-$400 for a set of higher ratio rocker arms, instead of $150-$200 for a cam. Can someone explain this to me. I am not being a smart ***, I really would like to know.

Cam is already broken in and no risk of killing a lobe on a fresh cam.

Easier to do than replacing a camshaft, less down time.

I got a set of 1.6 ductile rockers for less than $150, that's a wash to me.

-
Back