1/8 mile comp cam xe274H

-

Hansen

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone run a XE274H in their 360 and have a timeslip on 1/8 mile? I have one in my 69 dart with ported j heads and 600 cfm holley and is wondering if you have around the same times as me? I think i am missing out on some hp from this cam..

D13F54BB-236D-4B8A-8802-8EC999D7FD7E.png

• What gear and converter ???
  • what altitude ??
  • 118 km/ 73 mph is soft... or seems lacking.

• What gear and converter ???
  • what altitude ??
  • 118 km/ 73 mph is soft... or seems lacking.
Sorry, forgot.. 3:73 gears with 255/60-15 tyres. Unknown converter but it breaks the tires loose at 2k rpm
Altitude is around 1000 feet above sea

Sorry, forgot.. 3:73 gears with 255/60-15 tyres. Unknown converter but it breaks the tires loose at 2k rpm
Altitude is around 1000 feet above sea
I agree, it's not running to potential. I guess you'll have to start with the basics.
  • Where is your total timing ?
  • What RPM are you shifting ?

I agree, it's not running to potential. I guess you'll have to start with the basics.
  • Where is your total timing ?
  • What RPM are you shifting ?
Thinking of getting new heads and a bigger carb also. 34 all in and shifts around 5500

Thinking of getting new heads and a bigger carb also. 34 all in and shifts around 5500
You might want to try to tune it to run like it should be performing. You can just throw parts at it, but I don't like that method. Your choice. I would try playing with the timing, like 36 and see how it responds. Make sure the throttle plates are coming all the way opens. What's the compression on all cylinders, are they pretty even?? And continue till you find the issue.

You might want to try to tune it to run like it should be performing. You can just throw parts at it, but I don't like that method. Your choice. I would try playing with the timing, like 36 and see how it responds. Make sure the throttle plates are coming all the way opens. What's the compression on all cylinders, are they pretty even?? And continue till you find the issue.
Compression is very good and even, its a rebuilt engine with 9,5:1 compression. Think i need to play with the timing a bit yes

Is the carb opening all the way?
Are the secondaries opening?

Something is wrong, it’s very slow.

*UPDATE*! So this is kinda funny. Rebuilt the engine about 4 years ago when i put it in the car. And always thought the car was weak to be presumed 300 hp, tweaked alot with the car's timing and different carbs.. no luck. Asked a mopar god and he suggested the checking the timing chain as some cams could have production flaws.
pulled the front end of the engine and checked TDC with timing. god behold the damn chain was 30 degrees off. turns out the crankshaft gear had TWO dots!! put it together again with the right dots aligned. TOTAL NEW CAR, jesus... Insane difference. The car actually does burnouts.. So sad i didn't figure it out earlier.

Glad you got it running but don't see how it would run with cam timing 30* off. Would expect piston/valves kissing cousins.

Glad you got it running but don't see how it would run with cam timing 30* off. Would expect piston/valves kissing cousins.
I think he has his numbers wrong. I actually haven’t seen a crank gear with only 2 dots. Unless he means it was 2 teeth off on the crank. I have seen the crank gear with the key way at 12:00 instead of 2:00 so that’s probably how he got 30 degrees. Kim

-
Back