10 days and counting

-

7172 duster

7172 duster
Legendary Member
Reaction score
We had a ice storm 10 days ago, took out our power , weve changed the oil in the generator 2 times already. It is running 24 7 .
The power company is finially in our area, maybe there will be power soon, at least the weather is warming up for the next few days

100_0170.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0166.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0174.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0175.jpg
[/IMG]

Guess you don't want to know it was in the 70s here today

Wow!! That's unreal. We've had some pretty bad ones but never out of power that long. Our last one was 2 yrs. ago in March and everybody was back running within a week. Our song leader in church is a tree trimmer and left last week headed down to help you guys. I wish you the best.

We got that same ice storm here in Cincinnati just not as bad as Kentucky. Our power was out for two days though. It really sucks. Hope everything returns back to normal for you.

Awesome pictures! We have a fair amount of ice storms here on the coast of Va. too because of our climate. With good weather in your area now the workers should be able to get your power up and running faster. Hang in there!

welcome to the great Northeast.

Thats what it looked like here in Mid December.

Some people near here were without power for 2 weeks.

I was lucky.

13 days Yaahoo we have power Noon today

Looks like the same shtuf that hit us 7172, Glad to hear you are back up and running with power, One of your pictures sure look like one of my brothers he took :happy10: I seen this and had to get a shot.

We was out out for only 6 or 7 days here, can't remember:drinkers: I have been celebrating my 10,000th post :toothy10:

storm 120.jpg

storm 060.jpg

Those are some neat pictures. We don't normally get ice like that. Or maybe we do and we just can't find it under all the snow?

Hope everything is back to normal soon...

That must've sucked. Did you lose your internet too for 13 days or did you just need power for the cable/dsl modem? Just curious.

That must be rough, good thing you have a generator but even then what a pain

Wow....13 days is a loooooong time without power. Glad you made it back to the land of the electrically charged instead of challenged. :smilebox:

I don't believe I've ever been in an ice storm like that. Not gonna put that on the "bucket list"....LOL

kinda weird, i'm sitting here at my comp. & listening to the news here in Tulsa, Ok. & a story comes on about Anneta Ky. It was about people who still had no electric after 10-days. I do feel for you, last year, we had our share of the ice storm. We were without electric for 7-days. I don't take it for granted anymore. I stayed in my home until I ran out of firewood. We then left & spent 4-days with relatives. It was no fun. Good luck & keep your head up.

-
Back