10" drum self adj. parts?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the self adjusting hardware for 10" drum brakes? I`m in need of the cables the half-moon shaped guides and the adjuster stops. Thanks.

Parts store. (Not to sound like a smart-***) There is no hardware kit availible (as far as I have been able to find) However all the parts are availible with one exception... the lower return spring. That spring is Delco # 179231 that is no longer made ( I found 3 sets of them and bought them all for spares). Back to your question. As long as you have a good parts guy they can look up all the parts you need in there books. I work at Advance Auto as an Ast. Manager and am ASE cert parts spec. I open tomarrow (I guess it would be today) and would be more than happy to get the part numbers you need. I'll be able to post them for you when i get done with all my running around after work.
The guides you need are U.S.A. Brake Parts # 2090-2. I'll have to check on the rest though. When I couldn't find the return spring I started to come up with an alternative plan for hardware ( I found a set up that would work But I wasn't content with it). So I have hardware out the tail in my garage from all kinds of differant Mopars to get some thing to work... I'll look up the rest of the O.E. replacement numbers for you.

just so happens i'm parting out a set right now,,,,someone from moparts is looking for 10 inch drum spindles,,,i've had a complete set sitting under my bench collecting dust,,,all the guts are there,,,,let me know if you want anything,,,,,,aloha

smokn440 said:
just so happens i'm parting out a set right now,,,,someone from moparts is looking for 10 inch drum spindles,,,i've had a complete set sitting under my bench collecting dust,,,all the guts are there,,,,let me know if you want anything,,,,,,aloha

If I can`t find them over the counter with the help of 68-340-S, I`ll certainly contact you smokn440. Thanks!- John

The cable is # 2101 (some times followed by -1 or -2). The book didn't list a # for the lever, however the most common # for the 10" was 2034. I'll dig around my car and verify that that was the number I found to work as the original did. As soon as I do that I'll post it for you.

68-340-S - I`ve been researching #`s a lot lately as well, and have come up with H2101/cable, H2090/guide, and H2036? for the adj.lever. I`m not sure if the lever # is correct nor whether it`s LEFT or RIGHT, but I`ve also found a kit #H2516 and H2517 for left and right sides. I ordered the kit to see if it`s right, and if so ,I`ll get the others. If you come up with any new #`s I`m all ears.Thanks- John

I just found one of my adjusting levers ( the original ). I can't remember what I did for a replacment though, I'll look through the catalog tomarrow morning and see what I can come up with. The more I think about my brake system the better a conversion kit sounds. I'll post what I find.

John,
They don't show a adjuster for our brakes. Go with smokn440's if you want to stick with the stock set up... If you don't want it i would ...just to put on the bench for a later date. Otherwise I'm going to upgrade and use 11X2.5" that I have around, but I do want the stock set up to fall back on for a later date. If you are stuck on useing the stock set up go with a later 10" ('69 and up ) use the whole set up , shoes hardware and all. If you do deside to stay stock you will need to adapt your self adjusting set up to a newer set up. here's a money maker.... get some one to make a kit for our brakes... I'll buy a couple kit right off the bat.

The kits arrived today and the (2516 left side and 2517 right side) both worked great, but the cables were too short, probably the 2100 cable I guess for the 9" brakes. I had to buy the 2101`s for the 10" brake cable seperate. Worked out fine once I bought the correct length cables! Thanks guys for all your help!

-
Back