Status
Not open for further replies.

jb123

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
10 inch Brake Backing Plates

I need some - I switched my axles from small bolt to big bolt and I need the deeper offset plates......

I am in Columbia SC - I have Paypal

Thanks - JB

try brakes off a Chrysler 5thav that's what I used

10 inch Brake Backing Plates

I need some - I switched my axles from small bolt to big bolt and I need the deeper offset plates......

I am in Columbia SC - I have Paypal

Thanks - JB

Depending on year of 5th avenue, either 7.25 or 8.25. sometimes you have to drill a matching 5th hole at the axle flange mount as these lighter duty rear ends used a 4 bolt mount instead of the 8.75's 5 bolt flange. Same pattern, just missing a hole. You can use any backing plate as long as it's for the 10 X 2.5 brakes. Other donors could be 1/2 ton rear wheel drive dodge trucks and vans, volare, cordoba, etc.

I have a set from a 7.25 with the parking brake hardware, blasted and painted.

If you get a set from a donor car, make sure to save the rest of the parts too. In particular, you'll need the struts (flat piece with an oval spring on one end that pushes the two shoes apart) and the parking brake lever (hinged to the rear shoe). All the other parts are readily available and cheap.

Not all the parts are that easily avaiable the washer with the wings that hold the shoes back at the top and the parking brake cable out on the main pin is discontinued!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to jack this thread but I have an 8 3/4" SBP that I am having re-drilled to LBP. I am getting the front brakes and wheels off of a 5th Ave. Can I take the backing plates off of it as well and then just use the rear drum components for a 2 1/2" setup and ditch my 1 3/4"? Or am I better off just having my drums drilled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back