10" Monkey Wards Table Saw Blade Guard Suggestions

-

Daves69

Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent, useable retrofit blade guard for the animal. Does anyone have a recommendation on what works best for them? Thanks in advance!
I picked up a decent wheel kit like the one I have for my band saw so I dragged this monster out of a basement corner. It's old but it adjusts and cuts just fine even though it has a Craftsman motor. I had to take the cast table extensions off for it to fit my limited parking space when not in use.
upload_2019-9-15_11-30-12.png

I think it was called Rosseau or something like that. Anyhow, they made a guard that dropped onto the top of the table with counterweights. That way you could lift it out of the way when not necessary and use it when you felt the need. It was a bulky unit, but served a purpose. I’ll throw this out there, but a good fence and some Grrripers (think that’s the brand name?) would go a very long way as well, maybe more so than a blade guard?

Where do you go for information about your 50? year old table saw and get the answer in 9 hours?
why FABO of course. Amazing.

Saw guard?? SAW GUARD?? We don' need no steenking saw guard LOL

I’ll throw this out there, but a good fence and some Grrripers (think that’s the brand name?) would go a very long way as well, maybe more so than a blade guard?
I do have the original R&P rip fence for it. As far as a guard goes, I kinda' like having my fingers attached and not off to the side. Then too, I'm thinking a guard can help contain dust and chips floating around. It is living in the basement and I don't need to hear even more complaints of my messes.

-
Back