10 sec 6.1 ?

-
Adam knew it would not last long at that high of output, but with what he had planned, he decided to see what he could get out of a stock block before it blows. He is a regular over on LXF.

Either way that is pretty impressive for the motor to make that kind of power on the short block OEM pieces.

Lol, I sent Adam a cam the other day. His new settup 418 will be quite a bit faster.

It is far from stock, but Hot Rod has an article on a 6.1 with over 1000 HP in their May 2010 issue. It was 510 HP and the addition of a 3.6L Kenne Bell supercharger with 24 psi of boost almost doubled it to 1019 HP.

It is far from stock, but Hot Rod has an article on a 6.1 with over 1000 HP in their May 2010 issue. It was 510 HP and the addition of a 3.6L Kenne Bell supercharger with 24 psi of boost almost doubled it to 1019 HP.

I could be wrong but I think thats Adam with ST's car. If so he is running one of my cams in it.

It's all about the power to weight ratio.

For great mopar combinations that are proven, just look up mopar high performance tips.
These combinations are in the older parts books and can be tracked down.
They give everything all the way to the tire size for every motor.
They even give whats needed to run a 318 all the way into the nines.
They have all this info for each and every motor.
The new hemi is the latest motor so it's all new info.
They might even have a new parts book with it in it.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but on the Inertia Motorsports website it reports ~450 RWHP on one of their cams (SRT Max I believe) with stock heads on a 6.1... That just seems excessive to me (100+ HP gain on a cam alone). I could understand if it was crank HP, but if it's true using a 1/4 mile ET calculator with a 3000 lbs car and 450 RWHP it's dipping just into the 10's (something like 10.9). A good suspension setup will no doubt make things easier / possible.

a 3000 pound car with 450 at the wheels would need a flawless run the perfect gears and tires to break into the 10's

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but on the Inertia Motorsports website it reports ~450 RWHP on one of their cams (SRT Max I believe) with stock heads on a 6.1... That just seems excessive to me (100+ HP gain on a cam alone). I could understand if it was crank HP, but if it's true using a 1/4 mile ET calculator with a 3000 lbs car and 450 RWHP it's dipping just into the 10's (something like 10.9). A good suspension setup will no doubt make things easier / possible.

Those numbers are straight from past dyno sessions for a cam & a dyno Diablo tuned LX on a cool day. These new Hemi's are pretty conservatively tuned and cammed from the factory.

I agree that it would be a perfect run on a perfect day for that to hit the 10's.

check out the April Mopar Actions article on just that. This guy got a 10.62 @131. He runs a belle S/C @20 psi on a bone stock 6.1. It's good for 776 RWHP. He then tried to bump it to 22 psi and made 800, but blew the bottom end out of it.

Moparaction.com

if you go above 6psi on any stock internals 3rd Gen Hemi you are asking for a blown motor. replacing the internals opens the door for 20 psi boost making power

I've read of many running more than ten pounds without incident. It seems the tune is the issue, not the stock parts.

There`s a 2009 Challenger 6.1 here in Va.Beach that has twin turbos and runs 10.teens. I believe the owner is a member of the Tidewater Mopar Club. The car weighs in just under 4000 lbs. and appears as any other 2009 Challenger.

if you go above 6psi on any stock internals 3rd Gen Hemi you are asking for a blown motor. replacing the internals opens the door for 20 psi boost making power

I've read of many running more than ten pounds without incident. It seems the tune is the issue, not the stock parts.

the kenne bell and procharger kits come with 8lbs pulley and they run without problems i think

im not saying that they wont run at 8lbs or more but the internals arent meant to hold up to much more than 6lbs for long!

8 lbs on a stock srt is about as far as I'd go if you want it to run over 50K miles. you can run more for a while but it will fatigue. I'm not sure 8 lbs on a stock engine will get 50 K if you push it alot. Correct though the tune is critical.

The 450 RWHP cam only dyno on the site was my web developer getting enthuastic. That guy did get a 450 dyon but then again I had a guy get 509 with that cam, ported heads and an intake and although he holds the stock block challenger record I'm about sure your typical dyno jet would put him at 460-470 and the cam only at 410-425 RWHP.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT7OP0PUuzQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- World's Fastest Jeep SRT8 9.87@145[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8lkANO8HE8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Worlds fastest SRT8 jeep by L.P.M[/ame]

-
Back