[WANTED] 10 x 2.5 breaks for 8 1/4 rear end.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, maybe this is obvious, but in case you didn't think of it, rockauto.com is a great source for the hardware and drums, pretty cheap. I know they have them because I was just looking yesterday when I was buying 11" drums and hardware. Then you'd just need to find some backing plates.

Hey doogievig, if you can get original stuff in good shape, that's even better. RA is a good source for new stuff at great prices but of course most of that is going to be China unless it's old stock. Check out what highflyer has, if you can get real OEM US, that might be even better!

RA didn't seem to have the backing plates or drums I don't think. I didn't look really hard but I am always in favor of helping out another car guy instead of a company.

No, RA wouldn't have the backing plates, like I said, only the hardware, drums, shoes. They definitely have those, multiple choices of each, actually. But if you can get nice OEM, that's even better.

When I decided on brakes I went to RA..drums are available but I couldnt find plates or strut bars or pins for wheel cyl..everything else is available..napa is also helpful...

i am also in need of the same parts... mine is a bbp 8.25. if someone has double parts pm me. o and i am not trying to steal your thread doogievlg just thought i would chime in. thanks!!

John, The OP is needing these parts for an 8.25, not 8.75.

FORCED340 I offered a package to the OP, if he decides to go another way, I can hook you up with a pair of loaded plates and drums to match for $135 shipped. Can yet you know within 24 hours if they are going to be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back