10x2 Drums

-

Beastiedoggie

Reaction score
can someone tell me where I can find a set of 10 x 2 drums? I have found tons of 10 x 2.5's but can not find the other. The 10 x 2.5 does not fit flush against the axle flanges. The drums that came off the car are 10 x 2 but are worn. My brake pad width is 1 3/4"....can anyone advise?
Thanx

I tried everyone as well and couldn't find them anywhere. What I ended up doing was getting 10 x 2.5" with the SBP and then NAPA put them in their lathe and we cut them down to size. Worked like a charm.

I gave them an old drum to use that was the template for the right size. I will keep the old drum (even tho its useless) so that I can do the same thing in the future if need be. I figure that I buy and sell just enough of these cars that I will need another set at some point in the future.

I got mine at www.rockauto.com brand new but without the big flange. About 60.00. Wagner P/N BD60123.. They come drilled for the small pattern but any decent machinist can redrill if you have big pattern axles.

Man I used the wagner 60123 and had Napa cross ref em and sheeeeeit, when I received them they were still damn near 3 inches, but I guess in the cross ref...something got screwed up. I should have contacted you qute some time ago, as i did when I asked you about your tire/wheel combo. At the time I was running the 8 1/4, but it could not handle the horsies, so I now have an 8 3/4 transplanted, sent the axls off to Moser....thank you for your reply. I eneded up getting the L60 15" on Torquee Thrusts....but as you know I screwed up the backspaciing and had to use billet spacers to compensate for my mistake.....
thanks again

find a old c-body with 8 3/4 and take the brakes off it 10 x 2 1/2. incl. backing plates i did this with mine stops it a whole lot better---just an idea.

if you live in canada try Parts Source, thats where i got mine when i had a dart sport. but dont be surprised if you can't find them. my dart sport had manual drums in all four corners and i was gonna replace all four brake cylinders aswell but for some reason the passenger rear wasn't being reproduced anymore. hope you have some luck!

I got mine from Wagner too. Small bolt pattern- about $80.00 each. Are these for the front or rear? Mine were for the rear.

Large bolt pattern or small bolt pattern?

Wagner BD60123 is the correct number for the small bolt pattern (5 lugs on 4 inch 10 X 1 3/4). They are usually stamped CENTURY on the drum and sold under the Wagner or Aimco name.

Everytime I buy anything from Napa, it's screwed up. Get someone to cross reference it a few times, that's what I did. I got the store owner to do it and he got me the right parts.

-
Back