-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtrhed

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi everyone, I’m about to start in on a truck Dana 60 to narrow and set up for my ‘68 Dart. I’d like to add a set of 11” X 3” drum brakes to this. Is anyone parting out a late 60’s early 70’s fullsize that might have these. I’d like the whole mess, chicken, guts, feathers, and garters. Any help would be appreciated.
Big Ford brakes are reproduced in a kit but I’d like to keep everything from Ma Mopar if possible. You know how it is....
Let me know if you got something that would work. Thanks!

Look on the FBBO,FCBO,and FEBO sites for these anything from an 8 3/4 or Dana will interchange. I got mine from a 68 Chrysler 300. Also the truck site as well.

Look on the FBBO,FCBO,and FEBO sites for these anything from an 8 3/4 or Dana will interchange. I got mine from a 68 Chrysler 300. Also the truck site as well.

Thanks! The last set of these brakes I purchased came from a ‘68 300 as well! Good idea about trying the other MOPAR sites. Since I’m already member here I figured this would be a good place to start.

I have a set, but I'm not sure if they are 2 1/2 or 3. I would have to look in my stash (oh lets be real about it-my hoard :)) to see if all the springs are in there.

I have a set, but I'm not sure if they are 2 1/2 or 3. I would have to look in my stash (oh lets be real about it-my hoard :)) to see if all the springs are in there.

Cool, i’m Newish to Mopars, most of my “hoard” was Ford stuff. let me know if you can about width. I found someone from the C Body site that has a set who might be a bit closer, (less freight). He is checking on cables. If the deal falls through with him and if you can verify the width of your set is 3”, you’ll be my next option.
I’d forgotten to check Wildcat Auto here in Oregon. They’re a huge all Mopar yard but I remember the last time I checked with them on a set of these I went into sticker-shock.

I have the brake shoes, brake hardware -- Combi kits and Adjuster kits, left & right, wheel cylinders, e-bar springs, and Brake Drums, all Brand New...
How is that for you??

I have all of the above-mentioned for the 11" x 2 1/2"
Also --- Some of those items are the same price as
the 11" x 3" ,. And others are less and much less
expensive. Your lucky day.

I have the brake shoes, brake hardware -- Combi kits and Adjuster kits, left & right, wheel cylinders, e-bar springs, and Brake Drums, all Brand New...
How is that for you??

Cool, do you have a website? I’d like to find a complete-n-dirty set and refurbish them. I’m very much a monkey see / monkey do kind of guy. I have a few leads on components but will need to buy new part before long.

No website -- No computer -- that makes it NO!!!!
I go to the library to use the computer -- and that is why I say "Always best to simply call me."
And, I have to leave the library now -- got to mail a couple orders....
Thanxxxx, Craig. Call me -- GO NEW -- the only way to stop....

These are 2 1/2, sorry .

Bummer! I really appreciate you checking for me. The last time I bought these the first two set of 11”x 3” I went to see ended up being 11” X 2.5”. The 2.5’s would still be a good set-up but I started playing Tuba in 3rd grade and the go-big-or-stay-home thing with me never went away.
Beautiful weather here in Oregon today. Spring is coming! Have a good weekend!

No website -- No computer -- that makes it NO!!!!
I go to the library to use the computer -- and that is why I say "Always best to simply call me."
And, I have to leave the library now -- got to mail a couple orders....
Thanxxxx, Craig. Call me -- GO NEW -- the only way to stop....

So, that would be a “No” on the computer! Understood. Shoot me your number when you can.
It sounds like between you and eBay I could almost piece together a complete setup except for the backing plates. I’d still prefer to start with dirty stuff so I can see how things are supposed to go together. Being able to get the backing plates usually means I have to buy everything else. I usually buy everything new when redoing brakes, (combi-kits, W/C’s, shoes, etc. Every time I’ve bought used brakes to add to a vehicle the drums are always beyond max diameter and I have to buy new ones anyway.

I think I have them from a 73 Imperial that I parted out. I'll check when I get home. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send pictures

I have a pair of 11x3 rear drums here on the east coast. 10 bucks each plus shipping if they fit in a large flat rate box.

I thought I had backing plates to match them. I'll look this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back