11's on 235/60/15 drag radials

-
Reaction score
I recently bought a 73 dart and I am trying to get it ready to drag race this spring. The previous owner ran 12.6's with 235/60/15 M/T drag radials. I'm curious how fast anyone else has run on a tire this skinny. His 60' times seemed pretty bad ranging from 2 flat to a best of 1.8. How much better would a 275/60/15 be. I'm looking into better weight transfer with some adjustable shocks and caltracks. Any advice would be helpful

I recently bought a 73 dart and I am trying to get it ready to drag race this spring. The previous owner ran 12.6's with 235/60/15 M/T drag radials. I'm curious how fast anyone else has run on a tire this skinny. His 60' times seemed pretty bad ranging from 2 flat to a best of 1.8. How much better would a 275/60/15 be. I'm looking into better weight transfer with some adjustable shocks and caltracks. Any advice would be helpful
I ran 12.82 at 108,60ft.was 1.8,yes it could be better.Your sayin that,s pretty bad?What motor are you running?What combo?Gears?Iwas running on 275/50/15 M/T.

I'm running a 440 with 906 heads roller rockers .507/.510 comp cam. It has a 3.55 suregrip 8 3/4 rear and goes through the traps at 109 mph. Just seems to spin baddly for the first 60ft.

if you look on the caltracs site go to customers rides theres a red 64 chevy2 with 235-60-15 running 10`s

That seems amazing to me I need to look into adjusting the caltracs. and see what I can get. Sure seems fast for an 8" contact patch but it leaves me optimistic. Is anyone else running the monoleafs with their caltracks if so how much did they help over regular leaf packs. I currently have worn out original leafs and the nova was running a monoleaf.

Im using hoosier dot quick time pro,26x9.5-14Lt, 8" tread.They work great. Best 60' so far 1.59, street car full interior. I had a set of bf goodrich 235/60/14 drag radials and wasn't impressed.

Im using hoosier dot quick time pro,26x9.5-14Lt, 8" tread.They work great. Best 60' so far 1.59, street car full interior.

exactly the tire i was running. my best was a 1.63 sixty foot and a 12.17 quarter mile.i would get maybe half to a full turn out of them on launch.

Nathan if your running a stock suppension the the multipal drag leaf springs are the way to go, summit has them for about 100.00 each and use a ajustible racing snubber, make sure you have shackles set right, some of the fastest super stock cars A/SSA B/SSA USE THIS COMBO. AS FOR TIRES YOU CAN CHANGE SIZES ALL DAY LONG WITH OUT MUCH DIFF. IF YOUR RUNNING A AUTOMATIC YOU NEED AT LEAST A 5000 STALL CONVERTER , 456 GEARS, AND A AIR SHIFTER . YOU MIGHT SEE THE TIRES YOU HAVE GET THE CAR INTO THE 10:70S BIG BLOCKS LIKE HIGH STALL. THIS HELPS YOU GET OFF WITHOUT TIRE SPIN . I HAVE A DART WITH A 360 AND 488 GEARS IT RUNS 6.90 1/8 MI. AND 10. 58 1/4 MI. BUT I USE MT 33 X10.5 X15 THAT BIG BLOCK SHOULD LEAVE ME IN THE DUST I HAVE THE STOCK SUPENSION WITH RACING SPRINGS AND SNUBBER. 60 FT TIMES ON MY CAR 1.45 TO 1.50 YOU ASK WHY A AIR SHIFTER YOUR CARS FRT END WILL OFF THE GROUND AND WILL BE JUST COMING DOWN WHENN IT,S TIME TO SHIFT YOU WILL BE STILL STEARING SO YOU NEED HELP SHIFTING TO 2ND. GOOD LUCK GARY

Im using hoosier dot quick time pro,26x9.5-14Lt, 8" tread.They work great. Best 60' so far 1.59, street car full interior. I had a set of bf goodrich 235/60/14 drag radials and wasn't impressed.
BF Goodrich makes a 235/60/14? I could use these on my Chevy II. For a bunch of reasons I dont want to go into here, I wanted radials on that car.

I just checked the BF Goodrich website, they only list 205/50s in a 14" rim. Did you mean to type 15? If not, were did you get them? I'm REALLY interested if these are for real, not a typo.

Bfg does'nt make a 235/60 14,but hoosier does i was'nt happy with them either ended up burning them off in a burnout contest..bfg does makes a 235/60 15 and they were USELESS on my car..the ONLY tire that works on my car is the m/t drag radial..with nothing more them mopar xhd springs,pinion snubber,and cheap summit drag shocks my "street" duster with full interior through full exhaust 60's in the 1.40's....but the bfg's are $25 less then the m/t's per tire...

Thanks. Again, for a bunch of silly reasons I wont go into here, I am stuck on 14" rims and radials. I have never been impressed by the BFG's either, havent used them, but I have watched alot of other guys use them, they seem to be marginally better than most daily-driver type radials, and thats about the best that can be said about them. How about a little more info on your car? sounds interesting.

I run hoosier q/t pros 26/9.5/15. Nice tire, they replaced bfg drag radials.
60ft were about the same. Next set will be M/T drag radials. Might go up to 255/60/15's this time...

Bob

I have a set of used L-60 15 McCreary Road Stars, they work about as well as the full tread pattern Hoosiers(not the Quick-time Pros) They will probably go back on the Duster, if & when I ever put it back together.New baby & house shopping, so not much funds for toys right now. Hopefully that will loosen up in a year or so.

BF Goodrich makes a 235/60/14? I could use these on my Chevy II. For a bunch of reasons I dont want to go into here, I wanted radials on that car.
I have a set of BFGoodrich 245/60/14s on my Dart. I'll be selling these as soon as my 15 inch wheels arrive. I also have a set of brand new, never mounted, BFGoodrich 215/60/14s for sale. And yes..BFGoodrich does sell a 235/60/14.
Doug

I have a set of Cragers out in the barn with some BFG T/A's 245-60-14 on them. There about 10 years old so I don't know if they still make them or not but they used to any way.

I think we have inadvertently caused some confusion here. His original post was about 245/60/14 BF Goodrich DRAG radials. He had made a typo, and meant to say 15", this is what grabbed my attention, as I had earlier gone to the Goodrich website looking for DRAG radials in this size for my Chevy II wagon, which is getting stock 14x6 chevelle wagon rims and '66 dog-dish hubcaps. I should have specified DRAG radials when I had posted my response, but I figured it wasnt necessary, as that was in the title of the thread, and all the other tires we were discussing were sticky DOT type tires. Sorry for the confusion. Hope this clarifies things. In looking at what i posted, I can see how this would cause confusion if it wasnt taken in context if the posts preceding it.

I think we have inadvertently caused some confusion here. His original post was about 245/60/14 BF Goodrich DRAG radials. He had made a typo, and meant to say 15", this is what grabbed my attention, as I had earlier gone to the Goodrich website looking for DRAG radials in this size for my Chevy II wagon, which is getting stock 14x6 chevelle wagon rims and '66 dog-dish hubcaps. I should have specified DRAG radials when I had posted my response, but I figured it wasnt necessary, as that was in the title of the thread, and all the other tires we were discussing were sticky DOT type tires. Sorry for the confusion. Hope this clarifies things. In looking at what i posted, I can see how this would cause confusion if it wasnt taken in context if the posts preceding it.
Sorry. I see the drag radials now. I should have paid attention. One of my thousands of downfalls.

A buddy of mine has caltracs with 9" slicks and leaves wheels up every time. Pretty impressive since it's a Road Runner.

Sorry. I see the drag radials now. I should have paid attention. One of my thousands of downfalls.
Its ok, I should have been more clear. When I went back and looked at what we had posted, i could see how it was confusing. Thsi stuff is alot easier in person than it is in cyberspace.

Nathan the monoleafs make a big difference i was talking to a guy today that only put the monos on without the rest of the set up and he said that alone made a big difference , i had the whole setup and its the only way to go ,cant beat it for the money.

oops, sorry, i had the 235/60 15, on my center lines the hoosiers on my 14" rallies

-
Back