11x 2 1/2 rear brakes parts questions

-

sparkie573

Reaction score
So, I am trying to re-install the emergency brakes back on my scamp. The car has the 11x 2 1/2 rear brakes from I assume a B body don't know what year. it has new wheel cylinders, springs and pads. I can get the later type e brake hardware kit with the adjusters, springs and misc parts for 12 bucks a side which I think this is what I am needing?

My problem Is that I am having a hard time finding the flat bar and spring that goes between the pads. I think it's called the parking brake strut lever?
Wondering where I can get these cheap and hoping to find something local?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I did a Google search and this is what I found:

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=fiHHUpWqMsemygHo9IBA&q=dodge+11%22+parking+brake+strut+lever&oq=dodge+11%22+parking+brake+strut+lever&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3...2919.25868.0.26844.54.46.8.1.1.4.1368.36903.3-2j4j6j25j8.45.0....0...1c.1.32.mobile-gws-hp..27.27.16514.LIdmzIB092s"]dodge 11" parking brake strut lever - Google Search[/ame]

The pictures with the white background and blue springs are what you want. They have kits for different years. They can help you out.

I pulled up the google search. then I called jims auto parts. No help there. not sure exactly what I am needing. I'm thinking just the hardware kit that has new adjusters, some springs, and cables. hoping that and the strut bars is all that I need but unsure of what year... Here are a couple of pictures if anyone has some input. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 218
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 210
  • photo 3.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 215
ok they are manual adjust brakes. but i don't see anything for an e-brake in there. where is your cable?

some larger more close up pics may help..

are you asking about the strut and spring? or the parking brake leaver??

this is a self adjusting set up but you can see the e-brak stuff in the picture..

brake022.jpg

I have found the 11'' strut in the "Help" line of parts at my local auto part store.
A store near you may have a catalog listing the part and number.

I haven't put any of the ebrake hardware or cables in yet as I wanted to do it all at once. Sorry, I'll try and get a few better pics up tomorrow or Sunday, As I'm going bird hunting tomorrow. I think the hardware kits that I am getting are the self adjusting kits. Hmm, I'll look or ask in the help section but I went to my resident local parts guy and he called around and checked and said that from what he can tell, the struts have been discontinued or obsolete through his vendors. He gave me a doorman part number. I also called oreileys and he said the same thing. I'm not sure what year strut that I need as I saw that there are a couple different ones. I just told them a 70 roadrunner with the 11X2 1/2.

can I use the self adjusting hardware kits with this brake setup? and what year strut or does it matter? I did see some on ebay but they have 2 different ones listed. ones for 65-70 and ones for 71-75 Thanks.

Ok, sorry so long to get back. But on the upside we got 60 birds between the 4 of us. Downside is that there is about 12 inches of snow and below 0 temps here now.

I got some better up close pictures. I don't have any of the ebrake cables or hardware on because I am unsure of what year parts I need for the struts and park brake lever. I do have the cables and the spring and adjuster hardware kits. There are ebrake struts listed for up to 70 and then 71 to 75. Is there any numbers on the back plates or brake pads anywhere that I can cross reference to see what they are and then get the right associated hardware and brake strut or does it even matter which one I get? . Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 154
  • photo 4.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 190
  • photo 3.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 172
  • photo 2.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 187
  • photo 1.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 191
Ok. Here Is my main question, as I am pretty sure everything else will work. These are the brake pads that I have. I have taken them off the car for a better picture. Does anyone know which style of the emergency brake levers That I need. Either the pin style or the slot style? Help.
Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 184
Either the pin style or the slot style? Help.

I'm confused by that question.

You need a strut that goes between the shoes, it will have a spring on one end.

You also need the E brake lever which will attach to one of the holes via a pin and C clip. The other end of that lever will accept the end of the E brake cable.

Yes, I need the strut that will go between the two with a spring on the one side. And yes, I do also need the e brake lever. But I have been under the understanding that there are 2 types of brake levers. 1 that attaches with a pin and then another that has a slot of some sorts... I am just trying to make certain of which I need before I order or try to find one. Thanks.

If those are your brake shoes, you need the pin style e-brake lever. The holes at the top of the shoes are for the pin, I marked them with arrows on my picture. If it was for the slot type lever, well, they'd be slots. Most new shoes have a slot with a hole in the center, so it will accept either type. But yours are just for the pin types.

The # for the brake bars is 21127 and 21128, those are from the "HELP!" brand (Motormite). You can cross reference that number, or look them up on eBay, that's where I got mine.

The E brake levers are #752/753. There's some other numbers in the pictures for cross referencing. I know they make the brake bars, not sure about the ebrake levers, but you can usually find those on eBay too.

The self adjuster repair kit includes everything need for the self adjusting part, Bendix #H2534 and #H2535 (left and right)

Springs and everything else are in a drum brake hardware kit, Bendix #H7133

The hardware kits you can get at RockAuto. The brake bars come up on rockauto as well as a Dorman part with the 21127 and 21128 numbers, but you have to do a part # search. The E brake levers you'll have to eBay.

And everything is specific to the 11" brakes, so make sure when you order that you're not getting 10" brake hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1547.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1548.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1549.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 180
-
Back