12 second Slant 6

-

slantzilla

Banned
Reaction score
I got my pig '66 Valiant to run on a 150 shot at RT66 last Saturday. It had been 13:10@101 on a 100 shot 3 weeks ago at US41. 60' was 1.70, 1/8th mile was 7:90@85, and 1/4 mile was 12:[email protected]. Not too bad for a Slant 6 street car with an automatic and 3.55 gear, huh?

Cool. The shop has a customer who races a Chevy stovebolt 6. It's heavily modified, but in a steel body '50 Chevy, and 8psi of boost (turbo) it was running 10.80s. Now the powertrain's in a '51 Studebaker race car, more boost, ran 10.0 last summer in the heat.

Stepped it up a little for Monster Mopar. I put my 3.91 gears back in, a set of NGK plugs, and one size bigger nitrous jet. Left the fuel pressure alone.

First pass I remembered when I was under the tunnel that the tires were at 30 psi. Left with a 1.66 60', and went 12:14@108. It also died on the return road.

Found an electrical gremlin that I had been chasing for a long time, let the tires down to 16, and went up for the 1st round. Car left hard enough that it emptied the glove compartment into the seat. Ran my opponent down and got the win light with a 12:02@109 on a 12:10 dial. He broke out worse after tattooing me with a .006 light. 60' was 1.61.

I left it alone and went up for the semi's. (We only had 7 cars) Car left a little soft, but was really humpin' at the big end. I had plenty of room to lift, but was after an 11 second time card. Didn't get the win, and only went 12:[email protected] on a 12:01.

One of my car clubs has US41 rented on the 24th. I should definitely be able to put it in the 11's there.

Slantzilla, where are you from? And, any pics of your Valiant?

Wow that is a quick little sewing machine. Where did you post your mods? Building a /6 now but I do not plan to make it that fast, my 18 yo daughter is driving it.. I want to warn it up a little. I am shaving and porting a head have a offy intake and plan to do MPFI

WOW great running "LEANING TOWER OF POWER" can you share some of your recipe with us? pistons, cam, intake, etc. Thanks PaGilman :thumblef:

-
Back