[Found!] 122 tooth Slant 6 flywheel

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check with Music City Mopar Club. They might know someone who has slant stuff. My next door neighbor has one in a van that I am going to probably buy. But I think I want the motor etc. Might want to do a cast crank motor for my Duster.

Tony Defeo (Whitepunk on Nitro) he might have something he's in Murfreesboro. Or maybe the guy who has Slant Daily Garage on youtube. He is in Collierville near Memphis.

Been to www.slantsix.org ?

I appreciate the suggestions, I haven't checked the classifieds on slantsix.org but I am there regularly. It is funny how many Mopar/Slant folks are in and around Tennessee!

I would have to count the teeth but think This one might be a 122 tooth flywheel. I am pretty sure it’s for a slant. We are getting ready to go out so I’ll see if I can count the teeth when we get back. If not later, then tomorrow for sure

IMG_6912.jpeg

if none of that pans out, shoot me a PM. i have one, but shipping is gonna be a chunk of change and might kill the deal.

As best as I can count, the flywheel appears to be 121/122 teeth. I had it surfaced for a slant 4 speed project which never panned out

Would an '83 pickup be the correct flywheel. Definite large center hole for crank register. Definite cast crank motor but...... might have been a hydraulic cam motor. (Had an odd shaped valve cover in bed). Not sure if that has an effect on engine balancing.

Would an '83 pickup be the correct flywheel. Definite large center hole for crank register. Definite cast crank motor but...... might have been a hydraulic cam motor. (Had an odd shaped valve cover in bed). Not sure if that has an effect on engine balancing.
All slant sixes are internally balanced, cast or forged crank. The flywheel size depends on the transmission and clutch size. The NP435 for example used the large (172? tooth) flywheel.

Not that is cheap at $18.40, but that flywheel might fit into the side loading USPS medium flat rate box.
close! i just tried and it's about 7/16" too big

methinks that the postmaster general wouldn't be having if i tried to shoehorn one in slashways what with the sharp toofs and 20lbs and all

Hey guys, I'm looking for a 122 tooth flywheel for my 79 cast crank 225. I've searched car-part.com and didn't find anything within remotely close driving distance.

Thanks.
I have this one for $65 with shipping included. It's got the big register hole and the threads are good. It fits good in the medium flat rate box with a few offset 2 x 4s and I will add a few more layers of cardboard in the box and wrap the ring gear with a few layers of duct tape.

IMG_5318.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5322.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back