12HG vacuum reading too low?

-

Jonnylightening

Reaction score
Ok guys i got the aspen running pretty good for the gearing and factory TQ converter. I have a Eddy 600 on it now, my 600 holley was a lemon. Ive tried everything to get it to run but it just wouldnt. Anyway i threw on the Eddy and got it running pretty decent. However i put the vacuum guage on it and with both carbs i was only pulling 12HG of vacuum in park. I have the timing set at 12 idle and 34 all in by 2500. If i advance it more to say 20 where it pulled better vacuum all in was 42 by 2500 so i backed down to where it was. Is 12HG too low?

That's why we limit the distributor mechanical advance.
Im using the stock non lean burn dizzy. I replaced the heavier spring with a mr. Gasket chevy lighter spring which took it from 3000+ all in to 2500. How do u limit the mechanical advance. I couldnt find a tutorial on how to

Im using the stock non lean burn dizzy. I replaced the heavier spring with a mr. Gasket chevy lighter spring which took it from 3000+ all in to 2500. How do u limit the mechanical advance. I couldnt find a tutorial on how to

Id like to have initial around 16-18 and all in around 34 or so

Perfect, then what you need is one of the J685S timing limit plates from www.4secondsflat.com as you can drop it in at whatever you want your limit to be.
Here's a link for you. FBO Systems

I have metal ones. Junk the plastic, when they break where do they go? don't use the metal ones with a set screw they block the oil to the shaft.

The metal ones are nice halifaxhops sells, I bought a handful of them off him last year at Carlisle.

-
Back