[Found!] 12V Snap On Power Cords, or Female Plugs for a Snap On Optical Toe Gauge WA110A

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the two female end power cords that have the plug on one end and alligator clips on the other, or at least the female ends that came on them.

They are really small in diameter (.650") so they are not the average sized plug. They are not serviceable from Snap On.

I am just trying to put this setup together the way it came back in the day. Yes, I can cut the ends off and change the plugs to something else, but that's not what I want to do.

Thanks,
Tom

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

Those are a type of "Jones" (Cinch-Jones) plug and may be obsolete. They originated in the '30s and '40's. Most of them you likely have seen are rectangular, and have the characteristic black bakelite connector with an aluminum black crackle cover.

EDIT Mouser still shows some rectangular ones, I did not look too hard

Search ebay

These used to come in all kinds of sizes and configureations, so be carefull and look them over, etc

By the way you can re-use those connectors if you are careful. The outer housing is retained by a small pin going all the way through. VERY carefully support the head side and tap the pin until the head is "raised". If you have a small enough pin punch (I don't) you can tap the pin down into the connector. At some point the pin has serrations only at the head end which will release. With the head raised, you can get a grip on the head end. Sometimes "dull dykes works

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back