14" Steel Wheels

-

Rich Signet

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get new or used 14 " steel wheels. I am new to the forum, and am working on a 63 Signet 200 Convert. I have the factory 13's on now. I just replaced the rear springs and I would like to fill the wheel wells a little more. I want to use the same dog dish Valient hubcaps. Also, do you know how wide I can go? 14x6 or 14x7?

I hate to be the big wheel guy, but 14" are starting to get hard to find tires for 15s too. Forget about the fact they are hockey puck compounds for a minute. Pretty much anything that's going to stick are 16"+ these days. There is ZERO development being put into these sizes. Personally, these cars need all the help they can get in the 'stick to the road' department. BUT. A lot of people believe a 'look' out weights the 'function'..

I used to be that guy before I educated myself on the subject..

ask around, wheel vintiques still makes them, the 13's wheelcovers also fit the 14's IIRC. 7 wide will fit, check tire bulge at leaf spring. Walmart still sells 3-4 different 14" tire, even whitewall. Just bought a set for my mini truck. They arent BFG's but they work.

if you plan on driving through michigan in the near future ... i have custom made 14x7 and maybe some factory 14x 5.5 smbp

-
Back