14" tire size issue ???

-

myasylum

Reaction score
Right now I have 235/60/14's on the front and they are to wide. They actually bent the quarter panel on my car while steering. I was pretty pissed, but thats over with now. I had to drive the car that way to get the hood painted. I just would like to make sure 215's will be better.

Another issue is that these rims have a 3" backspace and 7 1/2" inches wide. I can see that the front rims stick out a bit passed the wheel well, and the 235 balloon past that, so that's whats going on there.

Should the 215's do the trick? Would those tire be to skinny for the rim?

Thanks!

Well, I have 265/50's in the back, so I think 215/60's would probably look about the same as far as height.
Or I thought about selling these rims, and just looking for rims with more of a backspace??? They might look a bit better if the rims isn't sticking out too. At the same time, I'm not so sure anyone would notice but me anyhow?!!?

Hey... Good work posting my old thread! That was perfect! Thanks! :)

fronts look to wide to correct with a smaller tire. i think you need to change rims....

If you want to keep the tires, consider going to stock rallye wheels. I'm running 235/60/14 on all 4. I was running 205/70/14 which have a slightly larger diameter (25.3 inches vs 25.1 inches) than the 235's.

v105.jpg

Do you happen to know the backspace on those stock rallyes?

I'm looking for different slots right now as we speak (Damn it!)
I think I'm going to look for some CHEAP steelies as well, then at least I can move the car around without denting the 1/4 panel any further! Piss me off!
I think it should bend back fairly east though... I think?

I'm thinking that the stock rallye and cop car wheels have either 4 or 4¼' backspacing. I have 235/60-15s on the Demon that are as large as I can get on my 7" wide rims.

-
Back