1405 or 1406 edelbrock carb

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
hey guys lookin into buying a lightly used 1405 or 1406 600cfm carb for my 4bbl intake and carb swap (already have a performer intake). those who have them do you like them? would a holley or older carter work better. let me know positives or negatives on it. thanks. also whats a price range for one used?

The old Carter Comps are the same as the Edelbrocks. Great street carbs. I have used them a number of time.

I like an electric choke for ease of operation, a no touch deal. Theres no performance gain in a manual carb. I like the AVS over the AFB and a Holley is just damn fine ethier way.

I have picked up rebuildable carbs for as little as $20. Then you have to rebuild it with the added cost of a rebuild kit and if need be a purchase of a soulution to dunk the carb in to loosen up the grime. Compressed air to blow it all out. These things I have so for me to rebuild the carb, it's easy and cheap.

Nothing beats a new carb, but I am pinching pennies.

Ethier carb is fine to use. I wold not use a mechanical secondary (DP) carb for a low HP auto trans Hwy geared car.

I have a new Edelbrock 1406 with the electric choke. I think they are great carbs. They are super easy to adjust & they stay where you set them.

There ok for a street car and realy ez to tune but if you are looking for performance I would get a holley.

I have a new Edelbrock 1406 with the electric choke. I think they are great carbs. They are super easy to adjust & they stay where you set them.

would 600cfm or 500cfm be better for a stock engine? was thinking of getting that carb for my daughters car, she's 15 and just got her license. it's a stock 318 with performer intake and holley carb. i'm thinking of electric choke for easy starting for her. she is just a kid and doesn't really understand the whole "manual choke thing."(her words) any issues with adjusting the choke? i've never had elec choke before so i don't know anything about adjustment.

A dead bone stock 318 can use a 500 cfm carb. (Hwy. geared like car.)

OOTB carbs are a no touch deal for the electric choke. There all ready set. They do or at least should include tips for adjusting it or resetting it , but I have never needed to mess with them from and brand of carb maker.

-
Back