-
Status
Not open for further replies.

66samsmith

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
These wheels are off my 66 dart gt and I'm fairly sure they are the original wheels. According to the stamp they are made in the USA by Electrofuse but are not date coded (that I can find). They use the larger 10 1/4 OD dogdish type hub caps. All of the wheels are in excellent condition without pitting.

Does anyone out there know about 66 sbp 14X5.5J 822 wheels. I thought that they were kelsey-hayes made wheels used on 340 darts and dusters.

Anyway $225.00 plus shipping from 29681 SC

These wheels are off my 66 dart gt and I'm fairly sure they are the original wheels. According to the stamp they are made in the USA by Electrofuse but are not date coded (that I can find). They use the larger 10 1/4 OD dogdish type hub caps. All of the wheels are in excellent condition without pitting.

Does anyone out there know about 66 sbp 14X5.5J 822 wheels. I thought that they were kelsey-hayes made wheels used on 340 darts and dusters.

Anyway $225.00 plus shipping from 29681 SC

Picture added

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 490
66...I have a set (actually 3 sets) of "822" wheels...all mine are 'Made in Canada'. AFAIK, they are just regular 14x5.5 "Swinger/GTS" wheels. Here's a pic or 2 of mine...

Attachments

• 4.5 vs. 5.5 wheel (Small).JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 475
  • 14x5.5wheelcode.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 435
66sam-- those sbp wheels use the larger style dog dish hub cap? do you have a 9" dog dish to place on to compare, thanks Lawrence

66...I have a set (actually 3 sets) of "822" wheels...all mine are 'Made in Canada'. AFAIK, they are just regular 14x5.5 "Swinger/GTS" wheels. Here's a pic or 2 of mine...

The wheel on the left in your pic, with the green stripe, is not a 5.5" rim. It would show about an inch of rim between where the center is welded to the outer rim, that one has no relief at all!! Is it also an 822 wheel?? Geof

I can tell with 100% confidence that the wheels that 66sam has pictured use the 9" dogdish, as do ALL 14x5.5" SBP rims. I beg anyone to picture any other configuration with pictorial proof that the larger dogdish snaps on ANY SBP rim!! Geof

The wheel on the left in your pic, with the green stripe, is not a 5.5" rim. It would show about an inch of rim between where the center is welded to the outer rim, that one has no relief at all!! Is it also an 822 wheel?? Geof
Geof....you're right. I took that for
someone else to show the difference between 4.5 and 5.5 wheels. The left one is not an 822 wheel. Darwin

I can tell with 100% confidence that the wheels that 66sam has pictured use the 9" dogdish, as do ALL 14x5.5" SBP rims. I beg anyone to picture any other configuration with pictorial proof that the larger dogdish snaps on ANY SBP rim!! Geof

I have researched futher and I think the following is true. I'm quoting CHEWY from a post on 1/10/2012. "in '65 14" wheels were a dealer installed option only. There was the standard 14x4's and Then, there were the wide 14's (14x4.5).
The ones that came on my dart (Chewy's dart) had a part number
ElectroFuse 14x5.5J. The later '67 wheels were ElectroFuse 14x5.5K's and had little holes in-between the lug holes."

Apparently the '65 and '66 wheels were the ElectroFuse 14x5.5J and the '67 wheels were the ElectroFuse 14x5.5K. These required the 9" dog dish. '68 and above also used the 9" dog dish and were made in Canada.

I think this is correct but feel free to correct in inaccurate statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back