$150,000 Ratrod

-
I will quote a comment from that web link...

"1000 hp? Sure, that's great. Taking a new car and making it look like it badly aged 30+ years? I will happily admit I don't get it.

Patina and war wounds are earned, not made."

The other thing is doesn't "$150K" go against what a rat rod is supposed to be all about?

Paul

I know a lot of you guys don't like "fake" ratrods but I thought this thing was pretty cool! (For a 5th gen Camaro that it...)

http://jalopnik.com/5800415/the-brand-new-150000-camaro-rat-rod

I agree with both of y'all in as much that its not a TRUE ratrod! My Duster would be a true ratrod! Lol sat for 20 years and I'm building it as money allows so I'm building it to drive for now with mismatched interior, no carpet, used junkyard parts, etc.

None the less I'll bet you never seen another 2014 car like that! And according to the article that's what they were after

newer rat rod true rat any way you put it lol I make that truck outta 4 0r 5 diff trucks .

Attachments

• 27631570345_large (1).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 256
Anything past about 1964 ain't a rat rod or a hot rod. Period. It's just a POS with paint problems. The one I am makin really aint one since it's on a 1983 frame.....but it is what it is. Whatever that is. lol

Anything past about 1964 ain't a rat rod or a hot rod. Period. It's just a POS with paint problems. The one I am makin really aint one since it's on a 1983 frame.....but it is what it is. Whatever that is. lol

That'd make yours a mutt:) have ratrod half pos lol

I wish he would have given me $20,000 to scuff it up and put body work on it. Looks like it took almost all day to do that. I am not a body man but I could have done that especially for $20,000 labor. Whyyyy....I may have taken 2 days to do it for him and do a nice job.

...don't know if you have posted any or not, but let's see a picture!
:worthles:

I'll be glad when this stupid craze is over, along with all the yuppies buying old cars and knowing nothing about them.

It just dosnt cut it! just some one with too much money i suppose and as mentioned above from 73abodee i think he hit it on the head !

wow, so instead of keeping my 07 GT pampered, and low mileage, i could drag sandpaper over it, kick dents into it, deface some of the trim and grille, turn it into a real piece of ****, and get $150K for it from some dumbass rich F@@K. Naah i will pass on this one. i got into this hobby 30 years ago to make old cars a thing of beauty again after they were neglected.

this just seems kinda *** backwards to me. a case of too much money, and not enough common sense. or like the whole rat thing, suckering somebody into paying a lot of cash for poor bodywork.

but hey my chevy HHR suffers from messed up sheetmetal from parking lot rash, and a severe hail storm, i never bothered to fix any of it. so does this mean in 20 years when the sun burns the paint off it and it has rust spots i can get mega bucks for it??oh wait the f@@ked up car fad will be over by then. oh well.

just my .02
Matt

its not that bad, its only one hundred dollars.

but hey my chevy HHR suffers from messed up sheetmetal from parking lot rash, and a severe hail storm, i never bothered to fix any of it. so does this mean in 20 years when the sun burns the paint off it and it has rust spots

that shouldn't take but a couple years, throw some red steel wheels on it with trim rings, re-clear coat it, throw it on ebay for double what you paid for it

I think the lied about the work they did to make it look that way.
This is the way most new Camaros look after a few months of driving them in the winter by some young rich dude.

-
Back