15x10 rims with B-body Rear will they fit?

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 67 notchback with a b-body rear. Currently it has a set of 15x8 with 5.5 inches of backspace along with P255x60's. Everything fits great.

I am getting ready to order new rims and got to thinking maybe 15x10's would fit with a set of P275's.

I did a search and theres alot talk about 15x10s but I found no actual post with the 10 inch rims just 8's.

Heres the question:
Does anybody with a barracuda or maybe a duster bodystyle with a b-body rear have a set of 15x10's on there car with stock spring hangers and wheel wells? If so do the tires clear the fender lips and leafsprings, Have you driven around with a tank full of gas, 2 to 4 people inside, speed bumps...and so on????

thanks in advance...
DSC08693.jpg

DSC08691.jpg

DSC08531.jpg

I have a '67 Barracuda "S" car. I have moved the springs inboard and narrowed a Dana 60. I have 10" rims with 325/50/15 Drag radials on the rear with "stock" tubs. Now mind you they can and do rub with more than 2 people in the car. [the tires rub on the inner fender area, not the outer!] So I would suggest not to go w/10" rims. If I had to do it again, I would only buy 8" rims OR mini tub the rear. Of which I cannot do because it is an original "S" car. It is bad enough that I moved the leafs under the car. But this can be "undone" easily enough. All stock brackets and holes are still there and in great shape!

I had 15x10inch Auto Drag Centerlines on the back of my 68 Barracuda notchback, with the stock spring location and wheel wells. They fit perfectly flush to the side of the rear quarter panels and just enough room to get one finger in between the tire and leaf springs. I drove with them for three years on the street, not the track. The only problem encountered was I could only have myself and a passenger and no one sitting in the back seat, just like Rob mentioned. Sorry I can't remember what the rear back spacing and forward spacing was. I would post a pic of my car with the 15x10's on the back just don't know how to do it on someone else's thread.

Also I was working with an A-body rear end not a B-body. Whether it makes a difference or not.

thanks for the replys....I think I'll stick with 8inch rims with 5.5 inchs of backspace.

Jim

I have a duster with a 8 3/4 with backing plate to backing plate messures 54-54 1/2.I'am not sure what a A-body rear messures. I have the springs moved in with the spring relocation kit with 15x10 with 7.5" backspacing they don't rub they have plenty of room..The tires are 28x12.50x15 M/T E/T Streets..

71 Duster, stock width B-body Dana 60, 3/4" spring relocation kit, SS springs, 10" wide Weld wheels w/ 6.5" back spacing, 305 50 15 BFGs. No tubs and never rubbed. At the strip, I would run another set of Welds with 28 10.5 15 slicks. I know you were looking for springs in the stock location, but I think 10" rims would be too tight for that. The only welding the 3/4" relocation kit requires is cutting and rewelding the spring perches on the housing. It's simple; the hardest part is setting the pinion angle prior to welding, but even that's simple with an angle indicator.

Attachments

• Duster 2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 507
I have a duster with a 8 3/4 with backing plate to backing plate messures 54-54 1/2.I'am not sure what a A-body rear messures. I have the springs moved in with the spring relocation kit with 15x10 with 7.5" backspacing they don't rub they have plenty of room..The tires are 28x12.50x15 M/T E/T Streets..
Any pics of the 12.50,s on a 10 inch rim?

on my duster i put a 10 inch wheel with a 6.5 in bs. i didnt use the the relocation kick and to avoid the rub i went with a 28 x 9 m/t slick. i also rolled the lip too. all clear no rub or scrub

Thanks for all the help and advise. I ended getting a set of 8inch rims for now...Now onto bodywork and lowering the rear a little.

DSC08767.jpg

DSC08761.jpg

DSC08756.jpg

-
Back