15x7 5 on 4.5 with 4.5-5 inch backspacing

-

66durgederp

"pull hard, itll come easy"
Reaction score
anyone ever heard of such a monster? in putting an M-body 8.25 axle in my early-a, and it has .72 inches approx more per side than an a-body axle. im trying not to go the shorten-the-axle route if i can. I do know that a 15x7 with 4 inch backspacing fits like a glove on factory setups, so i could probably get away with a 4.5 inch backspace. Point in question, does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes such a thing? or someone who could build something like this? Im evidently not very savvy on finding anything as of yet....

anyone ever heard of such a monster? in putting an M-body 8.25 axle in my early-a, and it has .72 inches approx more per side than an a-body axle. im trying not to go the shorten-the-axle route if i can. I do know that a 15x7 with 4 inch backspacing fits like a glove on factory setups, so i could probably get away with a 4.5 inch backspace. Point in question, does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes such a thing? or someone who could build something like this? Im evidently not very savvy on finding anything as of yet....

check out summit racing.........lots of stuff there, centerline has multiple choices along with other manufacturer's, crager, wheel vintiques, american racing...........u should chk. out motech, they have an add to the right on this page.........they make 17x7, 17x8, w/4.25, 4.50 respectively, and are killer looking wheels for a comparable price.........just bought some black streeters from them, and they fit awesome, look great on my 66 valiant.........chk. them out.
higgs

I think you just described the weld draglite wheels I have for sale!

A 15 x 6 , five lug Dakota.wheel will.get you close , it has a lot of backspace , and the center could be.cut out and put in a 7 or 8 inch band to make exactly.the.wheel.you need .

awe right on! i did not know factory wheels were 4 3/8 muchly appreciated! these shenanigans wont happen until next spring but im trying to get my ducks in a row before i start digging into everything. I dont like suprises haha

you basically just described a factory 15 x 7 steel wheel, only they are 4 3/8 backspace

I always measure 4 1/4" backspacing on 15x7 mopar steel rims including cop vented rims, original 15x7 rallye rims, and 15x7 steel rims. It's the generally accepted measurement.

nice! i have a full set of cop car rims (15 inch) from the 87 fury. hopefully it will all fall together. these are the rims i have.
images

-
Back