17" TorqLites on a 73 Duster-LOWERED

-

jimmyray

Reaction score
Got it lowered today about 1.5" by simply backing off the torsion bars, and had an alignment done. I must say, this drives MUCH better than the old Mickey Thompson Bias Ply Indy series tires I had on it. The old tires looked great, classic Muscle, but were small (25" diameter rears on 14" rims) and did not handle so great. The car tracks better, and the old bump steer is history!! A different car to drive.

ScreenHunter_18 Feb. 08 10.06.jpg

ScreenHunter_22 Feb. 08 10.07.jpg

ScreenHunter_24 Feb. 08 10.08.jpg

ScreenHunter_26 Feb. 08 10.08.jpg

ScreenHunter_20 Feb. 08 10.07.jpg

ScreenHunter_19 Feb. 08 10.07.jpg

Stance is much better than before............that header close to the ground or is it the pic???

Oh, have clearance by the truckloads. It measures at least 3.25" header to ground!!!

looks good i like that a lot better than the last pics it just looks better a little lower

Yeah! Put about 60 miles on it today, of course, I scraped the headers twice...ughh. Oh well, just an excuse to get TTI's next season.

Wow, I'm more old school when it comes to wheels/tires and cant count any higher than 15 usually....but those 17's look really nice. They look bigger without being Foose like obnoxious.

Good job!

Yeah! Put about 60 miles on it today, of course, I scraped the headers twice...ughh. Oh well, just an excuse to get TTI's next season.

lol.. that will solve the problem thats for sure.. mine haven't hit a thing since i put them on

Looks real good, really like the stance. What size tires are you running? My son is thinking about that look for his Dart.

Looks real good, really like the stance. What size tires are you running? My son is thinking about that look for his Dart.

Nitto 275-50-17's on 17x8 in rear, 28" tall
Nitto 225-50-17's on 17x7 in front. 26" tall

Rears fit with a 3/16" spacer, barely clearing the spring shackle. Clearance aplenty in the wheelwell, fronts fit with no effort.

Thanks for all of the kind words, I am very excited about the car right now. I finished the install of the 408" stroker 2 weeks ago, and have been driving it all week.

These tall rear tires brought a reduction of 300 rpms at 55 mph, which was at 3300 rpm with the 25" MT's on the rear. Much better driver, too. Highly recommended upgrade!

Jim

whats the sizes and suspension mods? backspacing, etc? im looking for this look for my duster (different wheels), with the 28 inch tall rear and stuffed wheelwells on 17's.

any help would be appreciated.

Michael

whats the sizes and suspension mods? backspacing, etc? im looking for this look for my duster (different wheels), with the 28 inch tall rear and stuffed wheelwells on 17's.

any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Rear - 17x8 AR Torqlites with 4.5" BS, used a 3/16 spacer to clear spring shackles. Clear inner fender and outer lip fine.

Front - 17x8 AR Torqlites with 4.0" BS, no spcaer works fine. Rubs somtimes on inner, but I lowered the wheels into the well, as seen in pics above, but this is infrequent.

Jim

12.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

Rear - 17x8 AR Torqlites with 4.5" BS, used a 3/16 spacer to clear spring shackles. Clear inner fender and outer lip fine.

Front - 17x8 AR Torqlites with 4.0" BS, no spcaer works fine. Rubs somtimes on inner, but I lowered the wheels into the well, as seen in pics above, but this is infrequent.

Jim

In an earlier post, you said you're running a 17x7 w/ 4" backspacing. Which is right? Car looks great, btw.

-
Back