Mopar-N

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knows anyone or has ever thought about
running a set of Magnum 17" x 7" Black Steel rims on anything
mopar or A-body related , they are cheap, just wondering what they
would look like on an A-body, any ideas or photos, anyone know what
the backspacing is on them ??

d6b6_1.JPG

The 300's and Chargers are not the 4.5 pattern. The 4.5 pattern is 114.3mm and the pattern on the new Chrysler RWD platform is 115mm, so close but no go.

Yea, I borrowed a rim off my friends 300 and bolted it up to my new Yukon axle's and when tightening the bolts up I noticed the wheel nuts were binding a bit. I removed the rim and then I had a cracked stud as it tried to pull it over to the side.
I think I went to tire rack and looked up rims for the 300 and noticed that the pattern was different. I also noticed that this is the Mercedes Benz pattern.

Right from tire rack,
2006 Chrysler 300C Rear Wheel Drive Bolt Pattern: 5-115

And your add says 114.3, yup there is some deception there

Yea, I borrowed a rim off my friends 300 and bolted it up to my new Yukon axle's and when tightening the bolts up I noticed the wheel nuts were binding a bit. I removed the rim and then I had a cracked stud as it tried to pull it over to the side.
I think I went to tire rack and looked up rims for the 300 and noticed that the pattern was different. I also noticed that this is the Mercedes Benz pattern.

Your Yukon is 5x5. (if it's 5-lug)

No wonder it messed up your stud.
You can run a 5x115 wheel on a 5x114.3 bolt pattern no problem.

The mercedes bolt pattern is 5x112.
Won't work on a 5x114.3 or 5x115.

I work for MHT wheels (Foose, Dub, Jesse James, etc.) as a wheel designer.
There really isn't a problem with running the 5x115 wheels on a 5x114.3 bolt pattern if they are hubcentric.

Yeah, I was gonna interject, I know for a fact you can run all the factory non-SRT 300C/Charger/Magnum wheels on Intrepids, which have a 114.3x5, also known as a 4.5x5, bolt pattern.
There are no issues at all with doing that, no spacers needed, nothing.

Even the SRT wheels will fit, you just need spacers, like I'm doing on my Intrepid...

Therefore, theres really no reason why they shouldn't fit...

-
Back